VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by aphuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have just installed and used DosBox and it does exactly what I want. My query is related to when I exit .
There are 2 DOS boxes at

BOX1.... appears to be a config box telling me what has been loaded and it has no prompt.

BOX2 ...I start my program fom this box which has the prompt Z:\

When I exit my DOS app BOX2 closes. BOX1 is still there and when I cick close I get the message

'Windows cannot close this box. It may need more time to complete an operation'..... You have to hit END TASK to close it

Is this normal ?

Reply 2 of 8, by Guest

User metadata

BOX 1 contains the lines
CONFIG: Loading settings from config file dosbox.conf
+
MIDI: Opened device:win32

I changed the target line command from

"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.exe" -conf -noconsole"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.conf "

BOX1 still opens but does not contain the first line
CONFIG: Loading settings from config file dosbox.conf

I then tried
"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.exe" -conf"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.conf -noconsole"

This appears to do nothing ??

Reply 3 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.exe" -conf"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.conf" -noconsole

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 8, by Guest

User metadata

It's not over yet!!

Just noticed this today....

the weirdest thing

If I start DOSbox using -noconsole I don't get the 2 DOS sessions (2 DOS boxes). This is exactly what I want.

If I then close DOSbox and try and restart it nothing happens (or doesn't appear to).

When I then close down windows (XP Pro) my DOSbox appears (more than once dependent upon how many times I tried to start it. If I tried 4 times then there will be four sessions)

Anything I can do?

Reply 8 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

- Don't hit the X to close DOSBox. Instead, use the 'exit' command at the virtual DOS prompt.
- After closing DOSBox, bring up the Task Manager in XP (ctrl+alt+delete) and make sure no dosbox.exe processes are still running (if there are, kill them).