VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by innuss

User metadata

HI,
I have a program that is registered but when I use DOSBOX it says that it is a unregistered version & doesn't print a text file, it only shows me the info on my screen. This program has a file called SUNDOS that unlocks the program & it is in my c:\oldgames\sierra\fbpro982 directory. I thought that if the file was on the Z drive it might work & think that this was a registered version but I'm not able to copy the file to the Z drive.
Is it possible to add this file to the Z drive & if so, how?
I've got a email into the author of the program to see if he can send me a unlocked out of the box copy but I thought I'd also ask here. Thanks, Matt

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Drive Z: is used internally with DOSBox so you cannot do anything with it until you feel like recompiling the source code.

On the other hand, I don't fully understand what you want to accomplish. Are you sure that program cannot have its letter changed?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 3, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Files on Z are _not_ loaded internally or anything else. It's not special in any way, except that it is a read-only drive that's always available. Many programs look for their registration information in the path, so you might want to set %PATH% to a suitable value. See a DOS manual for details.