VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Whenever I try to open DosBox - through a game or otherwise - I can see it expand to fullscreen before everything goes blank and the computer restarts. I've tried all the versions, and nothing seems to work

Reply 2 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dosbox cannot restart your computer. It's impossible. You probably have a driver problem.

The below instructions will stop your computer from automatically rebooting before it shows you the BSOD. Once you uncheck the checkbox then your computer will "Blue Screen" and give you the information that you need to troubleshoot the problem. Write down this information and post it here.

Right-click on "My Computer"
Go to Properties.
Go to the Advanced Tab
Go to "Startup and Recovery" button.
Uncheck "Automatically reboot".

The above instructions are for Windows 2000. If your using Windows XP and don't have the default desktop icons loaded then you'll have to either go through the Control Panel and click on "System" or re-enable the default desktop icons in XP.

I'm just guessing but your graphics drivers probably need to be updated/downgraded.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosFreak is correct. It sounds like a serious driver or hardware problem. Make sure you're running the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset and your video card and that you're not overclocking or trying to run in a video mode or refresh rate not supported by your monitor. If that doesn't help, try swapping out the video card with a spare (if you have one).