VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Language

User metadata

If anyone understands DOSBox enough to explain it thorougly to someone else it would be appreciated. I didn't even know it existed until now, and I've wanted to play old games that don't work on new systems for years but it seems kinda difficult. Where can I download abandonware games? And how do I use them after I download them? (i read the readme file but DOSbox is obviously more complicated than playing games on DOS when they first came out)

Reply 1 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It is against the rules to discuss how to get abandonware games, as they are a legal gray area and Snover (who runs the forum) doesn't want VOGONS to be labeled as a pirate forum.

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to get games working in DOSBox, I would suggest getting a frontend like D-Fend. I haven't tried it myself, but almost everyone I've referred to it has had good luck.

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

but DOSbox is obviously more complicated than playing games on DOS when they first came out

How so?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should start by reading all documentation and the nice guides on the forum. After that, if you are really stuck, ask again.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)