VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Greetings,
My graphics card is Nvidia FX 5500 and I am using an LCD monitor. This has only been happening recently. It seems to happen with some of the games I try to run in DOS. When I play a game in the window everything's fine but when I make it full screen, the game I am currently playing has a lot of lag spurts (sort of like after every few seconds the game has a little lag)

As I said before this happens only in full screen and recently. Imo, it may have something to do with extended playing since I have been playing a game a lot in DOSBox lately. The lag is a little more smooth when the cpu cycles aren't as high. I have already tried replacing my DOSBox with a new installation, cvs version to no success.

Reply 4 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

Yes, as a matter of fact I am. But I never had problems with them before. It was only recently that the lag started happening. Output method is at default and scaler is currently advancemame2x. I observed that when I turned the scaler to none the game didn't have any problems but I don't want to do that because I didn't have this problem before.