VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Please excuse any newbieness in this post but I've been dying to play Pirates Gold for years and I came across this gem of an application. I set everything up and the game runs fine except for the mouse. I used the ctrl+F10 button and DOSbox locks on my mouse but the mouse slides to the extremes of the screen. I can manage to slip the mouse in the center of the screen but it's impossible to play a game. It's almost as is the mouse is mapped, or set or whatever, for a much smaller area than the game requires. Basically DOSbox seems to recognise that I'm using a mouse but it doesn't move it correctly, I have about and inch or so of area that the mouse will stay on the screen, if I move from that area it slides to the extreme side of the screen correlating to the position of the mouse. I hope I have adequtly described the problem, I am using a WACOM Graphics tablet which I suppose could be causeing the problem. Any help would be appreciated, I love the program.

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmm you should ask/search around for problems with graphics tablet and SDL.
SDL is a library dosbox uses to get the mouse input. Maybe you can try another SDL game which uses the mouse.
Their homepage www.libsdl.org has an application listing.

(that is when taking in account that the game itself works fine normally in dosbox. (which I didn't test))

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!