VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Forgive me if im not placeing this in the right forum but i am still very new to this.
The problem that im having is that i found out how to create the config file using the internal program in dos box. However i cant get dosbox to use that file that it just created. I tried opening the terminal shell inside the application. and messing with that but i have no ideas. It says in it

CONFIG: Using default settings. Create a configfile to change them

when I already did create one. How do i get dos box to reconize that one exists?

Im using the Mac Dos box v0.63
my os is 10.4.3 (tiger)
1.25mb memory

Reply 2 of 8, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You have to specify the config file when you launch dosbox. For example say your config file is config.txt on your desktop. From the terminal it'd be:

dosbox -conf ~/Desktop/config.txt (~ is a shortcut to your home folder)

Keep in mind that this is case sensitive, capitalization MATTERS.

If this is too much consider employing a front end.

Reply 3 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Doesn't DosBox check the Home directory for the .conf automagically? Or am I thinking of something else?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 8, by Guest

User metadata

I typed in the command and hit enter but then it goes to the next line and nothing happenes. I think it might be permissions, but my screen name should have total read write control.

i tried the DosBoxer for mac but unfortionatly it wont select the config file that i have. Is it looking for a particular type of file?

Reply 6 of 8, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you don't have dosbox installed in your path you'll have to put the full path of the program. Say /Applications/dosbox -conf and so on and so forth. Most front ends let you specify all your settings in them instead of taking a config file.

Reply 8 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nah, all you have to do is use the "Autoexec" section in DosBox.conf to set the directories automagically.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline