VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cereal-killer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been searching this forum on this issue but seems no one has been trying to mount a Network drive !! 😁 This feature probably isn't implemented but I managed to download D-Fend frontend GUI and it more or less mounted the network drive With error messages

I am hoping some one can help me out here cos' I think some parameters are needed before I can run our account system written in DbaseIII ( Yes... Its Old... but it works like a charm in Win98 until WinXP came along )

Here are the error message :

VM Error[5211] : Swapfile creation error.\PHQGHUE.AYL

ANY sort of help appreciated cos' if I am able to run this on my Win2000 without any crashing, then I'll start download for the Debian and get rid of Win2000 for good.

Reply 3 of 6, by cereal-killer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. with win2000 dos-prompt, yes I have write access.

How do I make sure DosBox has write access to the network drive ?
Cos I think you are write, it seems I do not have write access to it.

Reply 4 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

let's see.
first of all try a cvs build of dosbox. as some "problems" with file creation were fixed (some error message when it failed). (see the development forum)

Second try copying some files inside dosbox.
or try echo "hi" > somefile

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

How are you mounting the drive?

Sometimes the swapfiles are created in the root of whichever drive that you mount....if you don't have write permissions on the root but you do on the subdirectory then that may also be a problem.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well they use .\ so that is the root. or the directory where the application resides

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!