VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zwatts01

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently downloaded the dosbox because i want to play some of my old games. I have windows XP , so i downloaded the windows version. When I open the program, it prompts me to type intro for some information. To mount drive C: it says type mount c c:\dosprog. Unfortunately, the dosbox says the directory c:\dosprog doesn't exist. What should I do? I also have some of the original CDs for these games and was wondering if I needed to do something with drive D:, or if it will run on C:? I am also looking for a free download of Laura Bow 2: The Dagger of Amon Ra, that I can use with the dosbox.

i have no idea what i'm doing

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"C:\DosProg" is just an example.

The "DosProg" would be a directory on your hard drive. You most likely don't have this directory so you'll either have to create it yourself or point DosBox to somewhere else like "C:\Games". Again, you'll have to create the Games directory.

To mount a cd you type in "Mount d d:\ -t cdrom"
Where the first d is the virtual d and the second d:\ is the drive letter of your host cdrom that you wish to access.

All of these questions can be answered by reading the README included with DosBox.

Finally,

IIRC, Laura Bow is not freeware therefore we can't tell you where to get it......

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline