VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hello,
Firstly I'd like to thank you for all your hard work in developing such a great tool. I am assuming that the problems I am expiriencing are due to the fact that I am not a programmer. Here is my progress, and question :

Firstly I have read and reread the README TEXT

I have read through a lot of the forum questions and answers looking for this topic but didn't see anything in relation. Please forgive me if I missed a post.

I am working from Windows XP Home version
Version 2002
Service pak 2

HP
Intel(R)Celeron(R) M
processor 1400MHz
1.40GHz. 480 of MB RAM

I have followed the information on Abandonia's tutorial

When I first inserted the text under autoexec i still obtained the Z drive so after reading forums I was able to find that changing the text under autoexec From :

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C C:\DOS\CDrive
mount D D:\ -t cdrom
C:
CLS

To: [autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount C D:\ -t cdrom
C:
CLS

I recieved the proper C drive prompt in DOSBOX

Now I am at the section of the Abandonia tutorial where I am to test the DOSBOX by typing in dir

This Is what I get in response :

Directory of C:\.
File*.* not found.

Question : What do I need to do to obtain the correct test response from DOSBOX?
Once again thank you for your time and effort for providing this service, it is much appreciated 😊

Reply 1 of 3, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, first off, put that back.

mount D D:\ -t cdrom

Is correct if D:\ is your CDROM drive, you do NOT want to try mounting both to C. What you need to change is the "C:\DOS\CDrive" part. You want that to be whatever folder you have your DOS games installed to.