VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Onsympatico

User metadata

When trying the IPX network of dosbox, I noticed it's not run with the good old lsl.com en ipxodi.com drivers. though, I am very happy with the work you put in the tunneling service, it's just not good enough for most games (spoiled brats as they are 😉 ) and when I try my old files (lsl and ipxodi) it complains about not finding a lsl.msg file.
So, is there way to adjust the socket number or load a ipx network like we did in the dos days? Anything that might make IPX more direct instead of the tunnel?

P.S.: I worked with IPX in the old days but I'm just guessing why a game like c&c crashes when you start multiplayer, so feel free to correct my assumptions.

Reply 1 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If your using 0.63 then alot of changes have been incorporated into DosBox since that old version.

Download a CVS version from my signature and try IPX out.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm, DOS4GW problems can usually be solved by using DOS32A instead of DOS4gw. Is this a game that's crashing or a utility?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 11, by Onsympatico

User metadata

Hmm, How do I activate dos32A for a game? Is there an other way to just deactivate whatever is causing the pagefile error? I there a clean cvs build so I can only use the ipxnative patch? I noticed you can't patch dosbox 0.63 with it.(don't hit me for that 😉 )
Anyway, thank you for the help you guys already provided but I can't be the first one with this probs but when I visited the cvs forum,it seems I am.

Reply 8 of 11, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Type:
dos32a game.dat
in the c&c directory after you copied dos32a.exe to it.

dos32a game.dat -cdcdrom
in case you have the contents of the cd in a subfolder "cdrom" in the c&c directory.

1+1=10