VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MacJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've read all of the posts on this forum about speeding up games on dosbox for Mac OSX. Unfortunately, they are all over my head.

I have enough understanding of dosbox to run my games, and I have edited the config file on XP (notepad) to make the frame speed faster, but I can find nothing of the sort on my mac.

I've read all of the guides, and I know everyone's exhausted from explaining this so many times, but I really need a simple, step-by-step approach to solving this.

If someone could help me out...it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 6, by MacJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My readme file tells me to run config from the z: prompt. When I type that in, it says:

Config tool:
Use -writeconf filename to write the current config.
Use -writelang filename to write the current language strings.

This isn't too helpful for me cause I don't know what to do next.

I followed the instructions and typed

config -writeconf dosbox.conf

then what? I pressed enter...nothing happened. I checked the directory, there's nothing there by the name I just created. The readme said that there were subcategories in the config.com file, but I can't run it.

This is where I get confused.

Reply 3 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
MacJ wrote:

I followed the instructions and typed

config -writeconf dosbox.conf

then what? I pressed enter...nothing happened. I checked the directory, there's nothing there by the name I just created.

It is somewhere on your computer... I do not know how it is on Mac. Search the file...

Mirek

Reply 4 of 6, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The file will be whereever you ran dosbox from in the terminal. Though looking at how many problems you're already having I highly recommend one of the many good front ends.

"Omne ignotum pro magnifico"