VOGONS

Another platform

Topic actions

First post, by linctus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This appeal to programmers: Why don't you write DOSbox on that buaty platform like Symbian (for me better on Symbian 7)?! Just think about it: On strong powerful PC DOS-emulator not so necessary, but on phone/smartphone/pocketPC with Symbian it very need. Now that device have enough processor, memory, display (with it not so good, but, for example, my phone have 176x208 resolution - i think it enough for DOS applications. For games we can "stretch" display [178x208 - it almost ratio like 3 to 4]) for DOS OS. But how are you think?

P.S. Sorry for my English, i'm not american/british.

none

Reply 1 of 3, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why don't you port it yourself? It's an open source project. Granted the system will almost surely not have the power to do it, no clue if it's god an SDL port, and that resolution isn't high enough for mostdos games by far, and is also by far the wrong aspect ratio.

"Omne ignotum pro magnifico"

Reply 2 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Only very, very few DOS games will run in 160x200. Everything else requires 320x200 or higher.

Reply 3 of 3, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The fastest Symbian phones today have a 200mhz CPU (as far as I know). Not really enough to emulate anything but games that are from 1985 or older.