VOGONS

Warcraft 2 on linux

Topic actions

First post, by CaralDesail

User metadata

Hi;
I'm french so escuse my english 😉 ...
Here is my problem :
Warcraft 2 lags and freeze, as if my CPU wasn't enough to run it ... but it is an Athlon 2400+ with 700++ Mo of DDR
I'm using dosbox on linux Mandriva 10.2;, and as you preconised I set Cycles=15000 AND core=dynamic in my user dosbox.conf ... but I already have this problem ...

Thanks you for responses ...

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You need to make sure you have the latest CVS, not 0.63 if that's what your using.

Also 15,000 cycles sounds pretty low for War2. You should monitor "Top" while playing Warcraft 2 and make sure your running at about 90% processor usage.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

Oki
I actually using 0.63'release ... I'll try CVS ...

thanks you !

Reply 3 of 4, by Caraldes

User metadata

Ok so I couldn't install the CVS build ( Moe's one), because of libphysfs.so (it tells me this file is missing, even if i've installed phyfs ... 😒 ...release compatibilities ?)

But you were right about cycles ... it works better with 30000 so my problem is resolved ; Thanks You !

Reply 4 of 4, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To find out about the library trouble, cd to the directory containing my dosbox executable, do "ldd dosbox" and watch for any "not found" lines. look at /usr/lib to see libraries that are named similar, probably with a different version number. By that you can find out if you just need a different version or something is really missing.