VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I recommended DOSBox to a friend to try out a few old games to play. I guess he's gotten interested, and I'm trying to show him how to have DOSBox mount everything on startup. I have the Windows version of DOSBox whilst he has the Mac OS X version. I know if you have the Windows version, you're supossed to edit the dosbox.conf file and add the startup commands at the bottom of the file. But in the Mac OS X version, he only has four files in his DOSBox directory which are:

DosBox
DosBox Manual Page.txt
README.txt
SHAWN-readme.rtf

Which of the files would he edit to have DOSBox automatically execute mounting commands on startup?

"You have entered a dark place. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Reply 1 of 3, by nsmcovox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Easy. Just run DOSBox and type in "config -writeconf dosbox.conf" at the command prompt. A new file should appear in your DOSBox folder called (funnily enough) dosbox.conf, within which you can modify the options to your choosing using a text editor of your choice.

Reply 2 of 3, by Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, now that DOSBox 0.65 is released, the command you posted doesn't seem to work anymore. Do I need to change the syntax to create a .conf file, or?

"You have entered a dark place. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Reply 3 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

should still work

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper