VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by meyvus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I just wanted to know if there is any way to change the sound that emulates the pc speaker, or better yet, make the "real" pc speaker reproduce that sound instead of emulating it through the soundcard.

Thanks

mey

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"change the sound that emulates the pc speaker"???

Do you want to modify DosBox code to get the PC speaker to do something that it's not doing correctly? I don't understand the question.

As for using your real PC Speaker.

NO

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by Roxor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

As for using your real PC Speaker.

NO

Why would anyone want to use the real thing, given the pathetic sound quality it delivers? Comparing a real PC Speaker with DOSBox's emulated one, I have to say that DOSBox wins hands down.

You know, come to think of it, I wonder if it might be possible to improve the sound quality of the PC Speaker support in DOSBox beyond what it already delivers, particulary with playback of digitised sound.

Reply 4 of 4, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ChaosFish wrote:

Actually it could have been nice to have such option 😀
Listening to crappy pc beeper game music reminds me the old days.

😁 Although you can't deny being able to adjust the volume with your speakers as a good thing! 🤣

In sierra games I find myself setting it to tandy to get 3-voice as opposed to the regular PC speaker, something I could never do before having not owned such a system. 😉

There are quite a few games that benefit from dosbox if you ask me, some of them just used the internal speaker to annoy.....while a few actually attempted to make music.