VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 48, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Much better 😀

Well I cant think of anyother continuity errors aside from that.
I happen to be a big Wing Commander fan and thats the only reason why I noticed.

actualy i think it looks better now 😉

Reply 21 of 48, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Shed wrote:
http://www.cyberscope-station.com/frikidune/images/dosFreak_fx.png […]
Show full quote

dosFreak_fx.png

DosFreak dedicated logo 😈 (2 minutes work)

Awesome.

I think the only graphics I can create is a simple palm tree.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 23 of 48, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guess I don't understant the point of your graphic. It is a odd size to be used as anything useful.

I'd rather see you make something like a DVD case or a CD jewl case graphic. The DVD case would be useful to me since I have burned a Dual Layer DVD (8 gig) with DOSbox and all my DOS games on it.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 26 of 48, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
laxdragon wrote:

Guess I don't understant the point of your graphic. It is a odd size to be used as anything useful.

I'd rather see you make something like a DVD case or a CD jewl case graphic. The DVD case would be useful to me since I have burned a Dual Layer DVD (8 gig) with DOSbox and all my DOS games on it.

I'm doing that as well, but I'm going to design my own cover. Although I have 2 DL discs with more than just DOSbox on them (Disc 1 - DOSbox+games, Disc 2 - more dos games + console emulators + roms)

Reply 27 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

avatar58 do you listening something about the GP2X console...do you think that have future as emulator portable machine, for playing abbandon games ???

heheh, 😉 yes...i'm also recovering all DOS stuff from oldiest CD's to Hard Disk

Reply 29 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kippesoep wrote:

I notice the EGA version of Gauntlet in there. I haven't got the game, so I can't test it, but I seem to recall reading that the EGA version crashes after selecting a character and that only the CGA version is playable. Has this changed?

really don't know....i think i play with it...but don't remember this crash....but i'll search and try play a game or two...

Reply 31 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay Qbix...i'll do this morning....ah...it's other theme, but if you need help with some future spanish redist, for dosbox i can help you...only tell me what i must translate...README only?

Reply 32 of 48, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well for a full translation you to translate 2 files.
README
and the file created by the command when you type: config -writelang dosbox.lang in dosbox.

Futher Did you know that DOSBox can make screenshots itself if you press CTRL-F5 ?
The Jewel background case is nice.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 33 of 48, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If I may request, could you do a CD cover and backcover without mentioning 0.65 (I'm going to make a DVD *without* actually having Dosbox on it, since I always build from source anyway)? And as Qbix hinted at, could you remove the titlebar from the screenshots? IMHO it looks better without the Windows stile titlebar.
And yes, it looks great anyway 😀

P.S.: The font you are using, is that the font from the game Ultima? Looks very much like it.

Reply 34 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Qbix: i put with translating to spanish now...i'm now at middle of file...

and yes, the Ctrl+F5 capture the screenshot...correctly

another thing is that i don't found Gauntlet I or II free...all sites want SMS for download! :F ... 🙁 ...i'll continue searching for this game for test it with some config files...

Dominus: thanks man!

really...i'm happy that my works generating good "waves"...of course i can do it....reload this thread and look new CD Back

in next graphic editting, i'll try now, a DVD-JewelCase Portrait and Back for Standard DVD case (plastic ones)

ah...don't know if font it's from ultima game...i bought a FontPack in network (80 Mb of TTF files for 4.95 or so ;D) and using it some ones...

but perhaps...you need Fonts ? i can choose some ones cool and put it here? i meant a small pack with some variety of fonts...

Reply 38 of 48, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep. Emulation does a lot of the thing that the p4 is weak at; lots of jumping around; which causes mispredictions, that in turn flushes the pipeline. The longer pipeline, the the longer the delay, and the p4's pipeline is very long.

Reply 39 of 48, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

then i'm wondered that my P4 machine runs smoothly and right emulation...but thanks for the info....

exist some way to make this "delay" short (or better) or enhance this? or it's a hardware problem with no posible enhancement