VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just wanted to say congratulations to Qbix, Harkiet, and the other deleopers and testers in the DOSBox community on the release of 0.65. I was surprised to find out via a notification email from Sourceforge.

Sorry I didn't pitch in much on testing the release candidates; I've been pulled away from DOS games for a while (but I hope to come back to them soon!).

Also, news of DOSBox 0.65 is all over the Internet: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22dosbox+0.65%22

Lastly, for those who were asking: My understanding is that 0.65 is just a recent CVS build that was tested extensively by a team of volunteers and deemed worthy of being labeled an official release version. It's a good place to start if you want the most stable new version known, and is a good common reference point for reporting issues with games and/or DOSBox itself.

P.S. What happened to 0.64? Or, why was it called 0.65 instead of 0.70? Just curious 😀

Reply 4 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

why it is called 0.65 😀
Tinus suggested that 0.65 was more appropiate considering the amount of changes.
Harekiet and I didn't object to that suggestion.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 5, by Gene Wirchenko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I add my congratulations as well.

I found that version 0.65 loads more slowly (taking about twice as long on my system), but seems to run quite a bit faster. With 0.63, I had some trouble with the slowness of arrow key repeating since I use DOSBox mainly to run WordStar 2000. This problem appears to be gone in 0.65 and nails one of my two quibbles.

The other is cut/copy/paste. Put me on the list of those who want to see cut/copy/paste with DOSBox. (Those who think that DOSBox is only for games should bear in mind that a good tool can be used for many things. If you still feel that one-use is the way to go, please be consistent by not assaulting me with a golf club, baseball bat, butcher knife, etc.!)

With WordStar 2000 running even better under DOSBox, I will be quite a happy coder.

Well done!

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko