VOGONS

Common searches

Help please?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by PnG_WarrioR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Problem 1:
Ok, I have a game called master of orion.. I got it going and started playing it. I didn't turn off my computer for a few weeks, when it was finaly turned off it closed out of my dos box, expected. When I started dos box up again, the C:\> went back to Z:\> Is there any way I can save it so it stays C:\>?

Question 1: How do you creat a directry?

Problem 2:
I don't know what I did to get the game running, but now, I can't get it running again. I've tried doing the same thing I did before, but it was so long ago and I was half awake doing it. If I go to Start, then to Run, where it says Open: I type cmd then it opens C:\WINDOWS\System32\cdm.exe
I remember putting this in, DOSBox-0.65 cd\mps\orion then it opend up dos box, then it had the Z:\> changed to C:\> on start up then all I had to do was mount the cdrom.. I thought I did, mount c c:\ -t cdrom But I have been looking at so many diffrent read me things that it might have altered my memory. When i got the cmd going, i type, cd\mps then enter. Then I type, dir then enter, it shows me 2 directorys that I had made, but no longer know how to make or use them
cmd.jpg
. It shows But whatever I did worked.. Can someone walk me through from the start?

Shane