VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Xenocore

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was unable to find an answer with some searches, so hereitgoes...

Everytime i start up da box, if i go fullscreen mode, the top and bottom of the image are cutoff. Does anyone have a solution? If i could just make the dimensions of the windowed mode bigger, that would suffice for me.

Gotta play kyrandia man!!!

Reply 1 of 9, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

try changing output mode to ddraw.

Last edited by franpa on 2006-07-02, 00:36. Edited 1 time in total.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 2 of 9, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another option (the one I used when I had a simular problem,) is to turn on refresh rate overide for your video card. When I had this problem, I eventually found out that DOSBox in full screen was using 60hz, and this caused the top and/or bottom of the image to be chopped off. Yet, screen caps showed everything. It was rather frustrating. I set the full screen overide to 75hz (chose that because it's the same as my desktop,) and now I don't have the problem.

Since your problems seems to be the reverse of mine (the image is squished instead of stretched up/down,) then it sounds like maybe your refresh rate is being set too high. I could be wrong about that, but I think it's worth a try 😀

Feeding Dragon

Reply 7 of 9, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Out of curiosity are you using an LCD monitor that's native resolution is 1280x1024? If so that's normal. Your monitor's 5:4, most older monitors and most other resolutions are 4:3. So your screen IS a bit taller than the game would be.

"Omne ignotum pro magnifico"

Reply 8 of 9, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I also have this problem with a lot of programs. I have tried various methods including chaning "aspect" "output" "scaler" and "fullresolution" but to no avail. I do not know how to change the refresh rate for my monitor in DOSBOX as I could not find anything on that in DOSBOX.CONF

Also note that I have an old 4:3 aspect monitor, not an LCD.

Thanks in advance.