Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 361 of 1968, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah I didn't know about the root stuff. I may have to fool around and see what I can do. Of course....I have one too many profiles. I wouldn't be able to rename my dos directory without the ability to mass-edit my profiles.

Reply 362 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
rcblanke wrote:
MiniMax wrote:

...That version is not used by any of my current profiles (they all show ID 5, the standard 0.72).

Ok, but what about the templates, did you check those too?

After "upgrading" my templates to use standard 0.72, I was able to remove the unwanted DOSBox version 😀

How is that
Edit version => Edit configuration file using external editor
supposed to work?

It checks your OS for any of the following file-type associations: .conf, .txt, .inf, .ini, .cfg, .java, .doc to open such a document. This will usually result in opening notepad, gedit or whatever to edit the profile. Rather strange that it does not work at your place...

I did not have an association for .CONF. After defining that, the edit button worked. But you say it should have picked up my association for .TXT if .CONF was not found?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 363 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

* Implemented the option to store a profile's configuration file in the game directory (collector). Also, conf files can be named after the profile title instead of the profile ID (Gadler). You can find the options in the 'Settings' dialog.

"the game directory" ?? What is that? The folder that is mounted as C ? The folder where the Execute-Dos-Main file / Execute-Booter-Image 1 is?

Btw - in the profile -> Mounting tab, shouldn't the word Dos be upper-case as in DOS ?

Reply 364 of 1968, by cyberaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

you dont need to use all those isos, i dont have a link for it but there is a GK2 installer/merger utility that merges all teh data files form the disks into a hard disk isntallation that works perfectly

if you do a search on the forums or google i'm sure youll find it easily enough, but thats how i setup my GK2 isntallation and it works perfectly

Reply 365 of 1968, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyberaxe wrote:

If you do a search on the forums or google i'm sure youll find it easily enough, but thats how i setup my GK2 isntallation and it works perfectly

I think you mean this one:
https://gkpatches.vogons.org/

Klimawandel.

Reply 366 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Fix to settings.conf: The fullresolution=0x0 setting (for automatically selecting the full screen resolution) is missing.

A neat hack is to define the valid list of fullresolution settings like this:

fullresolution=original 320x200<space>#<space>16:10 640x480<space>#<space>4:3 800x600<space>#<space>4:3 1024x768<space>#<space>4:3 1280x768<space>#<space>16:10 1280x960<space>#<space>4:3 1280x1024<space>#<space>5:4 1600x1200<space>#<space>4:3 1680x1050<space>#<space>16:10 1920x1200<space>#<space>16:10 0x0<space>#<space>auto

Reply 367 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Noticed a small problem with the DBGL-generated profiles: They are in Unix text file format even when DBGL is run on a Windows machine. It would be nice if they were in DOS text format with a CR/LF pair instead of just a LF.

Reply 368 of 1968, by mhenry676

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Noticed a small problem with the DBGL-generated profiles: They are in Unix text file format even when DBGL is run on a Windows machine. It would be nice if they were in DOS text format with a CR/LF pair instead of just a LF.

It's not a problem if Linux is you Primary OS. For me it is on my desktop, but because Windows handles the 'lid shut, go standby' on my old laptop better than Linux can (and believe me, I've tried) I'm sticking with M$ on my laptop.

Try using Notepad++, or similar 'Notepad Replacement' editor. It opens the files like you would expect notepad to for a dos text file. It doesn't have to be the default text editor, but you can right-click on the file, open with, Notepad++.

Reply 370 of 1968, by mhenry676

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:
mhenry676 wrote:

It's not a problem if Linux is you Primary OS.

But most do not, so MiniMax has a valid point. Please, let's leave the platform zealotry out of this forum.

I'm sorry, that was not my intention. I use Windows as much as I do Linux. Because of that, I have to use editors in windows that view/edit unix based text files easily. I was just trying to provide help in that regard, and not belittle Windows users.

Reply 372 of 1968, by cyberaxe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just open it with wordpad save it then open it with notepad bing instant MS text format

i of course have my own custom made version of notepad that supports them all so dont have to do that anymore

anyway hows the DBGL progress coming along? not been much news of late!

Reply 374 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyberaxe wrote:

...anyway hows the DBGL progress coming along? not been much news of late!

Yeah, sorry 'bout that, have been really busy at my newly-built house. Will take me at least 6 more weeks to make it livable and move over into my new home. Don't worry though; DBGL will progress, just need some time to settle..

Attachments

• images.jpg
    Filename
    images.jpg
    File size
    3.5 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    racket, dust and mayhem
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 376 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hehe, somehow I just knew this question would come next 😁

Attachments

• Picture 076.JPG
    Filename
    Picture 076.JPG
    File size
    28.91 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    My house is the one on the right
    File license
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Filename
    Picture 078.jpg
    File size
    32.8 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    The front
    File license

Reply 377 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Nice. Congratulations. You will be done indoor just in time to get the garden ready 😀

Reply 378 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

A few more feature requests for DBGL:

1) Split the settings.conf file into at least 2 files:

One with settings for DBGL only (gui,dosbox, communication, directory, and database) and one with the profile settings. The profile settings file could even be split into DOSBox-version specific files, so you would have a profile.settings-0.70, profile.settings-0.71, profile.settings-0.72, ...

2) Replace the single 'data' setting with individual settings for captures, dosroot, profiles, and templates. I want to be able to name my dosroot something else than 'dosroot' (I am fine with 'profiles' and 'templates' but someone else might to change those too). So something like

[directory]
dosroot=C:\My Documents\DOSBox games
captures=C:\My Documents\DOSBox games\Captures
profiles=C:\My Documents\DOSBox settings\Profile library
templates=C:\My Documents\DOSBox settings\Template library
Last edited by MiniMax on 2008-07-22, 13:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 379 of 1968, by Elothan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Strange, but on my new macbook DBGL crashes when I try to mount a image file, the entire SWT is just crashing and exiting the program ? Is there anyway around this as I ? Tried updating both DBGL and DOSbox.... running Leopard