VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 562 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to submit those images to Mobygames but they rejected them, told me that they accept only screenshots. I made some others, from box covers mostly.

Edit: updated the file, new screenshots(smaller files this time)

Attachments

• Filename
    sshots2.zip
    File size
    873.61 KiB
    Downloads
    521 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    sshots.zip
    File size
    1.14 MiB
    Downloads
    663 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by code120 on 2010-02-12, 16:26. Edited 7 times in total.

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 563 of 1968, by Sinner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On 64-bit Ubuntu 9.04 I get this error, I have ia32-sun-java5-bin and ia32-sun-java6-bin installed?

Startup
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load 32-bit SWT libraries on 64-bit JVM
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.gui.MainWindow.open(MainWindow.java:78)
at com.gui.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:67)

Any ideas?

Reply 566 of 1968, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice Mobygames db fetch feature.

I wish both 32 and 64-bit builds got along in the same folder, as well as across Windows and Linux. I have to switch all the \'s to /'s 🙁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 567 of 1968, by Sinner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I love this Front-end and I wasn't even very keen on the idea. It only took me about 45 minutes to setup a database of over 200 games. Thanks rcblanke, however, I have a few questions:

How do you get screenshots in the GUI like I've seen in so many other screenshots?

and can I export the database information and use it with D-Fend or at the very least import it on another installation of DBGL?

Reply 569 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@leileilol: Thanks! Unfortunately it's not possible to install multiple SWT packages for different environments at the same time. Should be implementable though using some cunning batch-file scripting, I suppose. About the directory separators; I will see what can be done there.

@Sinner: Thanks! DBGL can import D-Fend settings, but I think D-Fend cannot import DBGL's profiles (maybe ask in the other thread). Still, DBGL uses a very clean and human-readable database file (database.script) and plain DOSBox configuration files (*.conf), allowing relatively easy migration to other front-ends. Actual game (or game settings) export/import is something I'm planning to work on for 2 years now but other stuff got in the way...

Anywayz, I've just uploaded DBGL release 0.66 to the website, go check it out!

No major changes since the last beta, just some interface enhancements and translation improvements. Not all translations are entirely up-to-date, so I'll update the packages again, when all translations are done. As usual, a complete list of all the changes since the latest official release is on the site.

BTW: from the hsqldb changelog: "Fixed lock file issue - reverted to default lock file creation". Now let's hope they haven't $@$% up something else this time. 😁

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 570 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Testing build 0.66a is up, featuring:

* Added support for setting custom environment variables to globally override certain settings (as explained by Qbix over here). You can configure this in the settings dialog.
* Implemented a fix to add support for DOSBox builds using curses on Windows, such as the debugging builds and H-A-L-9000's MB5 (those builds wouldn't start correctly, complaining about "LINES value must be >= 2 and <= 2: got 1. initscr(): LINES=1 COLS=1: too small.")
* Made an improvement such that all file paths automatically use the correct directory separator for the current platform (leileilol)

All the latest files, to upgrade just grab the jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 571 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is Glide support for Gulikoza's build broken?

I've been trying to get Glide working for a while, even posted on the related thread, but I kept getting the message "Fatal errror: unable to load DLL". Turned out it worked fine when I tried running DOSBox directly, and it works well too using D-Fend Reloaded.

Reply 574 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yo all, testing build 0.66b is online, with:

* Filter tabs; you can now add a filter to the profiles list by typing ctrl-f. This creates an inner tab in the profiles list showing a certain subselection of your profiles. For example, you can create a filter to only display profiles with the string 'quest' in it's name by simply creating a filter with that title. To remove a filter-tab simply click on its close button, double clicking on a tab allows one to edit it.
* More advanced filtering is also possible; for that you'll have to write a sql 'where clause' in the filter's condition field. Some examples:
- To show all your favorite games: GAM.FAVORITE=true
- To show all profiles with the first custom field filled in with MT-32: CUST1.VALUE='MT-32'
- To show the oldies: YR.YEAR < 1984
- To show all profiles with the text 'keys' in its notes and that have a setup: UPPER(GAM.NOTES) LIKE '%KEYS%' AND GAM.SETUP=true
- etc. etc.
* Added support for grport and lfb Glide options
* Improvements to the German translation (Stefan)

Note that it is currently not yet possible to filter on DOSBox configuration settings. If you need help to write a certain filter condition, take a look at the database structure in org.dbgl.db.database.java, or ask here.

Bye,
Ronald

Reply 575 of 1968, by drsassafras

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried making a filter.

My comments: I quickly read your comments on making the filter. But didn't commit much to memory.

I could not get it to work. I first tried making a filter. I filled out the Title as "Dungeon" and the filter as "Dungeon" It gave me an error that the SQL query failed and then would not let me see any of my games until I restarted DBGL. I then tried Just filling out the title. It did not give me an error, but again would not let me see any games, in both tabs. I deleted the new tab and restarted DBGL. When writing this comment, I thought I would see what would happen (for your testing thoroughness) when I kept the Dungeon tab and then restarted it. When I started DSGL it said something like: "SQL Query in use by another process, can not start DSBL" (That is highly paraphrased) I tried opening it again and to my surprise it opened, further more both tabs were there and it was working!

Now, at any point in time I am only able to make one tab & can not make another even if I delete the tab until I restart DSGL after deleting it.

I found the Filter Adding Page Confusing. At first I though that the name was going to appear in the tab & had nothing to do with the filter. The "Info" at the top of the page Could Perhaps Read "Add a Filtered Tab"

The second "advanced" might be better to hide with a an Advanced Checkbox. When checked the SQL Query Box will come up. with a very consise description stating that one must construct a SQL Query with a link to some information like you posted in the blog.

I would comment more but the shortcut for adding a Tab is no longer working. I deleted "Dungeon" a couple of times and Deleted "Dungeon" with "Dungeon" in the second box 1 or 2 times. It failed to allow me to add a tab after deleting "tank" for the 1st or 2nd time.

Great idea. Hope my comments help.
Snow Leopard, Java 1.6.0_15

Reply 576 of 1968, by steveJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been using DBGL for ages, and really love it.

I have just downloaded the latest version (0.66) and tried to use the ConsultMobyGames feature. But whatever I do, I always get the reply "MobyGames returned no results for '<gamename>' !".

I even installed DBGL from scratch in a new folder but the problem persists.

I am using WinXP Professional SP3 and Java 1.6.0_16.

I would tell you what is in the Java logs, but I can't find them anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply 578 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Build 0.66c is online:

- Fixing the MobyGames issue mentioned above. For the moment, it is using the 'old' games search-results list, but when the dust has settled and the new MG ajax search screen is somewhat finished, I'll write the code to parse that (json) instead.
- fixing a regression resulting in a crash-bug when dosbox.conf could not be read.

Bye,
Ronald