Topic actions

Reply 760 of 1968, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:
kolano wrote:

Is there a reason that the x64 version of this is packaged differently than the x86 one (i.e. tar.gz)?

The only difference between the 2 linux packages is in the included DOSBox executable.

Though I'm just grabbing the jar atm, it would be nice to have a Windows x64 package as well.

Reply 762 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

Another minor update (0.72f), this time with:
* a fix for an importer bug which could cause booter games to fail to start (disk img2 and img3 were incorrectly set)
* a fix for an expandbar scrolling issue on Linux
* an Italian translation update from code120
* fine-tuning of some default dialog sizes for Linux systems

All the latest files, to upgrade just grab the jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 763 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Inspired by Kris Asick's Ancient DOS Games webshow, I've made a new gamepackarchive for DBGL ready, containing all non-commercial games reviewed so far (excluding games that are available in existing packages) , together with some of Kris' freeware games. In some cases the shareware/demo versions are packed. Comments are very welcome. The package consists of:

Captain Comic, The Adventures of
Command & Conquer
Cybersphere
Cybersphere Plus
Dangerous Dave
Descent
Flightmare
FX Fighter
Jade Fighter Arena
LineWars
Magic Carpet
MegaZeux - Caverns of Zeux
Round 42
Sango Fighter
Snarf
Space Fortress
Star Gladiators 2
StarMines II : The Planet of Mines
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Stunts (4D Sports Driving)
Supaplex
System Shock
Tank Wars
Teenagent
Thor's Hammer

If you think anything is missing, shouldn't be in the package, or is inappropriately configured, please let me know!

Regards,
Ronald

Last edited by rcblanke on 2011-05-23, 21:31. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 764 of 1968, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You might want to remove Donald Duck's Playground as it is not freeware. Disney hold the copyright. There is a demo version, but it is part of one of the Sierra AGI demo packs.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 765 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You're probably right, will be removed, thanks.

EDIT: done.

Needless to say, if anybody wants to contribute his/hers own (legal) package, please let me know, and I might put it up.

Reply 772 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a small request, although I can't tell if I should send it to rcblanke or the DOSBox devs. Many DOS games use unusual keys, and I'm tired of the sticky keys option popping out every now and then, it's not exactly user friendly.

Could you do something to disable sticky keys while running DBGL or DOSBox?

Reply 773 of 1968, by steveJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe there is something I don't understand, or maybe this is a feature request, but each game seems to be tied to a specific DOSBox version. When I install another version of DOSBox, I seem have to edit each game to run with the latest version. When I try to remove old, no longer required, DOSBox versions, I am told that I can't because they are being used. If I actually delete the DOSBox version from the file system, without first editing the profile, it becomes impossible to edit the profile.
What I would like to be able to do is simply assign the DOSBox version for each game to "default". Then, when I upgrade, I will always use the latest version of DOSBox, and can get rid of earlier versions of DOSBox easily.

Reply 775 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not even surte it's enabled... every time I pres certain keys I get this annoying screen and DOSBox loses focus. I've tried getting rid of it, seriously, but the damn thing is not exactly user friendly.

Reply 779 of 1968, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
steveJ wrote:

Maybe there is something I don't understand, or maybe this is a feature request, but each game seems to be tied to a specific DOSBox version. When I install another version of DOSBox, I seem have to edit each game to run with the latest version. When I try to remove old, no longer required, DOSBox versions, I am told that I can't because they are being used. If I actually delete the DOSBox version from the file system, without first editing the profile, it becomes impossible to edit the profile.
What I would like to be able to do is simply assign the DOSBox version for each game to "default". Then, when I upgrade, I will always use the latest version of DOSBox, and can get rid of earlier versions of DOSBox easily.

There are a few ways to account for this currently...
1: Use multi-edit to mass update the relevant profiles (i.e. select them all and then select edit). Such will allow you to update the profiles all at once to your new DOSBox version. This unfortunately is difficult if you've configured different profiles to use different versions.

2: Use the same "Title" for the new versions as used for the former DOSBox version.