Hi, just finished converting and importing both eXoDOS and Win3xO collections. I first tried 64GB packages to find the upper limit for my system, and failed when importing, few last games were skipped. Then I tried with 48GB packages and everything went ok. I have 8GB RAM on my Windows 10 system but java proccess used much less, source was an external USB drive and destination a NAS, so no fancy SSD disks involved. Surely Java/Windows have improved since the export method was created, uppering the limits.
There are two games with special characters on filenames that must be copied by hand to the doosroot folder after importing:
-Ultizurk 2- The Shadow Master (1993)
Applying an extra custom field for Win3.x or DOS games, I found out there are six games that have an incomplete mounting configuration on their profile, probably a fault on originals (could be of interest for exo):
- Foul Play: Mystery at Awkward Manor
- Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles Adventure Game
- Spitfire Ace
- Romantic Blue
- Ulysses and the Golden Fleece
I'm pleasantly surprised such a massive proccess worked so well at the end. Great job rcblanke and exo!
P.S. Also configured DBGL for use of DOSBox ECE by default and, after deleting some lines I didn't need on the profiles (Notepad++ batch replace on files), everything works great as with the stable version.