Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1300 of 1958, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Why would you think that a database from Moby would help you with installing any games?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 1301 of 1958, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just installed DBGL 0.82 on my Linux Mint computer...

It crashed, dumping this to the terminal window. I have absolutely no clue what could be wrong.
./dbgl

Launching DBGL using 64-Bit VM 10.0.2 on Linux v4.15.0-36-genericamd64, HSQL Database Engine 1.8.1.3WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.dbgl.gui.Launcher (file:/home/jim/Applications/DBGL/dbgl.jar) to method java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.dbgl.gui.Launcher
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.loadSWT(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/SWT
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.SWT
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:190)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:499)
... 1 more

I'm anxious to have a DOSBox frontend as easy to use as D-Fend Reloaded, and DBGL seems to be the best (maybe only) candidate for Linux.
If anyone can point me toward what could be going wrong, I'd be very very grateful.

Reply 1302 of 1958, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Please use Java 8 for now, the current DBGL release is not compatible with versions 9 and up. I'm hard at work on a new DBGL release, but it will require some more time.

Reply 1303 of 1958, by bola1717

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

sorry if someone mentioned this Problem earlier but the Database search (f.e. Mobygames) when adding a new Game isnt working anymore -> states no information found or giving an obscure error message (Could retrieve Inf. - org.xml.sax.saparseexception, Line etc. White spacees are required between...)

Greetings

Reply 1304 of 1958, by Blairwitcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bola1717 wrote:

Hello,

sorry if someone mentioned this Problem earlier but the Database search (f.e. Mobygames) when adding a new Game isnt working anymore -> states no information found or giving an obscure error message (Could retrieve Inf. - org.xml.sax.saparseexception, Line etc. White spacees are required between...)

Greetings

I can confirm, I have literally the same issue with MoO2 not being recognized as a game in the Moby database

Reply 1305 of 1958, by bola1717

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to fix it? Editing a file perhaps to correctly parse the Databases of the included ones?

(It´s a fantastic Launcher and with this great feature not working anymoer...makes me sad...😒)

Reply 1307 of 1958, by Blairwitcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

bola1717 and Blairwitcher, please take a look on the previous page of this thread, I already posted a fix for this specific problem.

My bad, I haven't checked that before asking.
Thank you

Reply 1308 of 1958, by Silverfish2910

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. I know that this is a common complaint, but the databases aren't working again... or at least that's what it looks like.

Capture-0.png

Capture-1.png

Capture-2.png

Pouet gives minimal information and there seems to be no option for Home of the Underdog.

rcblanke wrote:
Hi people, […]
Show full quote

Hi people,

Thanks for the problem report hoarder, both issues that you mention should be fixed in this new maintenance build. Also Mobygames querying should work again (they switched to using https, thanks Bugurten).

All the latest files
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

When I'm (finally) finished with the DBGL back-end rewrite, I'll start seeing if I can implement any new features, but for now these will have to wait, sorry.

Ronald

I already downloaded the latest version of DBGL twice. Is there something else I need to do? Do I wait for another update?

Reply 1309 of 1958, by keichiku

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Silverfish2910 wrote:
Hello. I know that this is a common complaint, but the databases aren't working again... or at least that's what it looks like. […]
Show full quote

Hello. I know that this is a common complaint, but the databases aren't working again... or at least that's what it looks like.

Capture-0.png

Capture-1.png

Capture-2.png

Pouet gives minimal information and there seems to be no option for Home of the Underdog.

rcblanke wrote:
Hi people, […]
Show full quote

Hi people,

Thanks for the problem report hoarder, both issues that you mention should be fixed in this new maintenance build. Also Mobygames querying should work again (they switched to using https, thanks Bugurten).

All the latest files
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

When I'm (finally) finished with the DBGL back-end rewrite, I'll start seeing if I can implement any new features, but for now these will have to wait, sorry.

Ronald

I already downloaded the latest version of DBGL twice. Is there something else I need to do? Do I wait for another update?

It's kinda obscured on the previous page, but this is the file you need:
http://members.quicknet.nl/r.blankendaal/beta/jar082b.zip

Reply 1311 of 1958, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello, rcblanke.

Could you please remove the obsolete setting Collapse mode from the experimental options on the Display tab? There are also two new options in the pixel-perfect patch—glfullvsync (V-Sync in fullscreen OpenGL) and fullborderless (emulate fullscreen as a borderless Window, not in ECE yet)—but they have safe defaults and may be omitted in DBGL.

Does one have manually to register the pixel-perfect output modes surfacepp and openglpp even though your front-end is aware of the pixel-perfect patch in ECE? It would be great it DBGL added those values to the output drop-down list for profiles based on ECE.

Would it be possible to rename the fullscreen resolution value 0x0 into the more intuitive desktop? It need not be an alias translated internally back to 0x0, for you can specify fullresolution = desktop in the ini file directly.

Reply 1312 of 1958, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ant_222 wrote:
Hello, rcblanke. […]
Show full quote

Hello, rcblanke.

Could you please remove the obsolete setting Collapse mode from the experimental options on the Display tab? There are also two new options in the pixel-perfect patch—glfullvsync (V-Sync in fullscreen OpenGL) and fullborderless (emulate fullscreen as a borderless Window, not in ECE yet)—but they have safe defaults and may be omitted in DBGL.

Does one have manually to register the pixel-perfect output modes surfacepp and openglpp even though your front-end is aware of the pixel-perfect patch in ECE? It would be great it DBGL added those values to the output drop-down list for profiles based on ECE.

Would it be possible to rename the fullscreen resolution value 0x0 into the more intuitive desktop? It need not be an alias translated internally back to 0x0, for you can specify fullresolution = desktop in the ini file directly.

The changelog on the main website states you have to add those settings in. Also, openglpp just became available in the 4180.3 build of DOSBox ECE which just came out two-ish weeks ago. It would be hard to expect DBGL to keep up with DOSBox ECE every time a new setting comes out. Of course I just noticed that DOSBox ECE build 4191 just released today with some enhancements to the pixel-perfect patch that might fix some of the screen tearing I saw using Screamer 2 and Screamer Rally with glide. It's slight but noticeable to the very picky. I JUST built working profiles in DBGL with ECE 4185 earlier TODAY! Oh-well, I'm not busy tonight.

Thanks DBGL! I've been a long-time fan, sometime around the 0.77-0.78-ish, maybe earlier. I know I upgraded to the latest jar file several times. I hope to see more integration soon between DBGL and DOSBox ECE like the missing pixel-perfect related settings.

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 1313 of 1958, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi people,

First of all, thanks for your patience in regards to the lack of updates for DBGL these last months. As I've reported before, I wanted to rewrite part of the application in an effort to make it more robust and future-proof. I kept relatively radio-silent in this thread because I didn't want to get too distracted with other tasks while doing the refactoring.

Now, I think I have finally reached a point were it's okay to let you guys try it out. Still, some features are not entirely finished and there are some known issues, so please consider this 'beta quality'.

Changes in 0.90 ALPHA 1:

• Support for Java version 8, 9, 10 and 11 (previous DBGL versions did not run on Java versions 9 and up)
  • 64-bit only (dropped 32-bit Java support)
  • Updated the included DOSBox version for Windows and MacOS to 0.74-2
  • Removed the included DOSBox executable in the Linux package (as DOSBox can easily be installed using a package manager)
  • DBGL now displays a list of all changes when multi-editing profiles;
  • Slightly improved screenshot-scaling;
  • Improved database connection management which might prevent lockups when the database-file is temporarily unavailable (jtalbot);
  • Fix displaying screenshots on the primary monitor with multi-monitor setups (ANGO)
  • Translation files can now be written directly in UTF-8 without the need for native2ascii;
  • German translation update (Marcel)

Known issues:

• Image mounts are broken fixed in alpha2;
  • Multi profile-editing is not entirely finished, maybe broken in parts; fixed in beta1
  • The PhysFS code is not finished and most likely broken; fixed in alpha2. Does anybody know of a modern DOSBox build with PhysFS support (I know only the Daum builds but these are quite old)?;
  • Using DOSBox versions with mounts in its configuration file are untested and thus may not work correctly yet; fixed in alpha7.

As always, I would appreciate any bug-reports and/or suggestions. DBGL's interface has hardly changed in this new release, but if you spot anything out of the ordinary which you believe might indicate a bug, let me know.

Please be careful when ugrading DBGL; make a backup of all folders (except dosroot) inside your DBGL directory if you value your existing data!

All the latest files
To upgrade, update the dbgl.jar as usual and update all jars in the LIB directory. Windows users also need to update launch.exe .

On a side-note -- Expect bug-fixing support for DBGL 0.82 for at least the coming year. Any users with 32-bit systems (using Java < 9) may still report issues, although it is unlikely that I will be adding any new features for DBGL 0.82.

Regards,
Ronald

Last edited by rcblanke on 2019-06-20, 19:39. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1315 of 1958, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

0.90 ALPHA 2:

• Image mounts and PhysFs mounts should be fixed;
  • Fixed a few translation mistakes;
  • Added some experimental options from ECE: fullborderless, glfullsync, fmstrength, xsensitivity/ysensitivity, circularinput and deadzone. Removed collapsemode (Ant_222);
  • Fixed ECE [midi]mt32.reverse.stereo, mt32.verbose, mt32.thread to use true/false instead of on/off.

All the latest files
To upgrade from alpha 1, update the dbgl.jar as usual

Reply 1316 of 1958, by ANGO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After testing Alpha 1 & Alpha 2, I´ve found a big problem. Both Alpha versions messed up the "long foldername" in mounting.

For example, the mountpoint of the game "Aces Of The Deep" is: mount C "Aces Of The Deep"
But if I edit the config file with the Alpha version, the mount point is cut off: mount C "Aces"

This affects all configurations with long foldernames. All long foldernames are cut off in the config editor.

Reply 1318 of 1958, by remowilliams

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for continuing to update this, now I can install on my Ubuntu box with a recent Java 😀

Question - are the Fluidsynth driver/soundfont sections supposed to be operable yet?

Reply 1319 of 1958, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I downloaded (updated) from the latest version at http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/dbgl/ but fetching meta-data via Moby doesn't work.

No error message, just always get:
> Moby Games returns no results for "Commander Keen"

Tried it with lots of other words, always the same. I noticed that the feedback dialog comes _almost_ instant, like it doesn't even try. Unfortunately I couldn't find any debug log or so to dig into this myself.

Pouet.net seems to work for some I tried.

TheGamesDB.net consistently throws a SAX error:
> Technical information: org.xml.sax.SAXPArseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 50; White spaces are required between publicId and systemId

I don't care much abuot pouet/thegamesDB but Moby would be nice to get working again.

Thanks!

PS: AFICS I made sure to update _all_ files (dbgl.jar, lib folder jars, xsl, launcher exe, etc.)