Reply 600 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, red!

UPPER(GEN.NAME) LIKE '%ACTION%'

to filter for action games.

I'm unable to reproduce the mouse wheel issue that you mention, code120. Does the profile-list have the focus? Do the cursor keys scroll the list?
Your ideas will be considered!

Ronald

Reply 601 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the code 😀 I don't know how I could miss it.

rcblanke wrote:

I'm unable to reproduce the mouse wheel issue that you mention, code120. Does the profile-list have the focus? Do the cursor keys scroll the list?
Your ideas will be considered!

Ronald

The tab has the focus, but the wheel doesn't scroll the window, but only if the selected game is on the upper half of the window. If I select a secondary tab, then the first game on that list, then I close DBGL and start it again, the wheel at first won't scroll, at least in my PC (I have Vista). If I select the last game on the list before closing, it will work. When it's not working, I have to scroll manually moving the scroll bar or with the keys as you said. It's not such a critical issue by the way 😀.
Bye!

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 602 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

A new testing build is ready for your pleasure; please be carefull with your data, many changes this time!

* Export: Just select the profiles that you want to export in the list, choose File->Export in the menu and go through the wizard to export your profile(s) or game(s). Please note that there are certain restrictions (currently) when exporting complete games; they have to reside in a directory below the dosroot, and multiple games cannot live in the same folder. Please note that this functionality is not finished and may well change before the new DBGL release is ready. So, the game export format may change, thus, packages you create with this DBGL test-build may or may not work in the final DBGL release.

* Import: click File->Import in the menu, and select a package (*.dbgl.zip) to import. You will once again enter a wizard that leads you through the steps. Review package information, select the profiles or games that you want to import off you go!

The archive is a plain zip file, optionally containing captures. In the root of the archive is a special file called profiles.xml which contains all the meta-data for the game(s) inside the package. The xml is human-readable and well-structured which should make it easy to understand.

* Implemented 'view configuration file'; right-click on a profile and choose view->configuration file (Avatar_58)
* Added the possibility to display the associated DOSBox version _title_ for a profile (MiniMax)
* Small improvement for the MobyGames browser dialog: preselect a game in the list when an exact title match is found
* Implemented keyboardlayout as combobox (robertmo)
* Added multi profile shortcut creation, and keep multi-selection on tab switching

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always. Hope you like the new stuff!

All the latest files, to upgrade just grab the jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

EDIT: removed link.

Attachments

• import2.png
    Filename
    import2.png
    File size
    50.73 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Importing many booter game settings from another gamepackarchive
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • import1.png
    Filename
    import1.png
    File size
    35.19 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Reviewing package information for Arena
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by rcblanke on 2010-03-21, 18:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 603 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since users with problems installing Daggerfall pop up every now and then, I've decided to make that game available as gamepackarchive as well.

Ronald

Daggerfall

Last edited by rcblanke on 2011-03-08, 16:29. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 604 of 1968, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ronald, could I ask for one modification which is rather annoying?

Say I make a profile with an ISO file linked. If I then use a template, it resets the mounted drives and removes the ISO file. Say I have the game in c:\games\lemmings and I mounted c:\games as c:, it will then reset it to mount c:\games\lemmings because that's the folder containing the game. The problem is that some games rely on a certain pathname and will refuse to run, and with the ISO file gone (this also includes if you pointed towards your real CD/DVD drive), it will complain about a missing CD.

In other words, could you make it so it does not reset this info and keeps it intact? It used to do the same when switching Dosbox version and you fixed that too - could you do the same for templates?

Reply 605 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Red, I agree, that is not what a user would expect. Still, templates may contain mounts that should be reloadable.

Would it be ok to load template mounts only when there are no mounts defined when you press 'reload'?! So, when you have at least 1 mounting point defined, pressing 'reload' will keep them. If you have no mounts configured and you'd press 'reload', it loads the mounting points in the template (if there are any).

Reply 606 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Another new build is up, 0.67b:

* Fixing multiple issues regarding importing packages on Mac and Linux (for which I had to update the game packages as well); everything's supposed to be working correctly now (see attachment)
* Keep existing mounts when reloading a template (working as explained in the previous post) (red_avatar)
* Minor additions to the .csv and .html profile list exporting
* Made importing custom fields and values optional
* Fixed column ordering on Linux (some SWT quirk)
* Fixed thumbnail sorting on Linux so that it behaves like Windows and Mac (shown in alphabetical order)
* Fixed an OutOfMemoryError during export of really large profile lists

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

Reply 608 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks wd, we'll see what happens...

I've completed another gamepackarchive, this time containing all freeware Apogee/3D Realms games (85MB).

EDIT: For completeness, I've upped a pack with all Shareware Apogee/3D Realms games (51MB).

If anybody has anything to comment or suggest regarding game import/export, please do so. Ideas for other packs are most welcome as well.

Regards,
Ronald

EDIT: removed links

Last edited by rcblanke on 2010-03-21, 22:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 609 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello everybody,

Test build 0.67c is up, featuring:

* Manual selection of the destination location ('base folder') when importing games
* Added some keyboardlayouts (robertmo)
* Fixed screenshot column centering on OSX by undoing an earlier change (SWT 3.5.1 made the behavior on OSX the same as for Linux and Windows)

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 610 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
A couple of suggestions on the fly:

1. in multi-profile editor, options to change genre/year and other options (display ecc., all of them would be ideal). I don't know how difficult this is, but it would be great imho.
2. some preset filters to choose from (genre,developer,favourites,oldies ecc.)
3. the ability to change filter tabs position, and maybe to hide the "all profiles" tab
4. to be able to close a screenshot window with a right-click anywhere on the screen

Bye!

EDIT- one more things: for some games like doom of duke 3D there are projects like gzdoom or eduke32, but you can't run them from DBGL. Would it be possible to launch directly the file without dosbox from inside DBGL? Being ex-DOS games, it would be nice to see them along with the others.

They're a lot I know, just ideas.

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 611 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you code120, improving the multi-editing functionality is my main priority for DBGL at the moment.
---

Hundreds of requests, many pageviews and a lot of downloads, yet hardly any response on the new export/import functionality... I guess it's good to go 🙁 😁

Anywayz, 0.67d is up, ready for translation. Translators, please go ahead, the bottom of the language files contain the untranslated textlines.

* When MobyGames querying is performed in multi-edit mode and multiple results are returned, DBGL searches for an exact title match to increase the chances of a 'successful' search;
* Completed English, Dutch and Chinese translations.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 612 of 1968, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone setup a remote file config database yet? Moby games is nice, but setting hardware config by hand is boring (even with the templates).

I like dumbed down.

Reply 613 of 1968, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also like to request a directory tree visitor that works like a wizard.

You choose the button (open files) it displays a big warning : "this feature only works if your game directory only has games one directory deep and has nothing else!" and has a cycle to configure each one. It also can choose the config and exec automatically from the file types encountered inside.

This with a remote database would be heaven for the inicial setup.

Reply 614 of 1968, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

BTW in linux the dosbox version is being searched in the wrong place (or maybe the right place, but i moved the dbgl directory).

DOSBox could not be started with the following command:
/home/i30817/DOSBox-0.73/dosbox -conf /home/i30817/DOSBox-0.73/dosbox.conf

It should probably use a file relative to the running aplication right?

I have this method for doing that. I never tested very well so it might not work, and it's a hack obviously.

/**
* Finds the parent directory of the class given
* equivalent to:
* File f = getClassLocation(class);
* if(f.isDirectory())
* return f;
* return f.getParent();
*/
public static File getApplicationDirectory(Class applicationClass) throws IOException {
if (applicationClass == null) {
throw new NullPointerException();
}

String className = applicationClass.getName();
String resourceName = className.replace('.', '/') + ".class";
ClassLoader classLoader = applicationClass.getClassLoader();
if (classLoader == null) {
classLoader = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
}
URL url = classLoader.getResource(resourceName);

String szUrl = url.toString();
if (szUrl.startsWith("jar:file:")) {
try {
szUrl = szUrl.substring("jar:".length(), szUrl.lastIndexOf("!"));
URI uri = new URI(szUrl);
return new File(uri).getParentFile();
} catch (URISyntaxException e) {
throw new IOException(e.toString());
}
} else if (szUrl.startsWith("file:")) {
try {
szUrl = szUrl.substring(0, szUrl.length() - resourceName.length());
URI uri = new URI(szUrl);
return new File(uri);
} catch (URISyntaxException e) {
throw new IOException(e.toString());
}
}
throw new FileNotFoundException(szUrl);
}

Reply 615 of 1968, by ZacMatic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just downloaded and checked out DBGL, and I gotta say I'm super happy that it has so many features and does almost everything I want.

I'm not new to DOSBox, but I'm new to frontends. I've been looking for something that would allow me to display game boxes in a kind of bookshelf view. Basically a virtual library of games. I can grab front and back box cover photos from Moby Games and store them in DBGL as screenshots, which works pretty well.

My feature requests for DBGL are:
1) Add front and back box cover art metadata and allow these to be populated automatically with the photos available on Moby Games. If there are multiple box covers, let the user pick which ones to use.

2) More views for the profiles list. Instead of just a list view with adjustable screenshot size, have a grid view and/or coverflow-style view. This would allow the user to set their screenshot or box cover art display size fairly large, maximize the DBGL window, and display dozens of games on the screen.

Thanks for creating DBGL and keep up the great work!

Reply 616 of 1968, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've something like the "cover view" but it is in swing not swt.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZCNnVJy0Y7Q/Sdv80ZN … rant-search.PNG

http://code.google.com/p/bookjar-utils/source … /ImageList.java

Reply 617 of 1968, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rcblanke wrote:

Hundreds of requests, many pageviews and a lot of downloads, yet hardly any response on the new export/import functionality... I guess it's good to go 🙁 😁

I don't know because I hardly ever import/export, I don't have much use of repackaging installed games personally to test this.

Unless there would be id / Epic / Safari / Webfoot / Argo / Soleau / Moraff (LOL) shareware packs. Would using a non-ZIP extension like 'dbglpak' help in using them as simple double-click associated functionality to import?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 619 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I just found a problem with the export option. I've tried to export my install of "Blood" and "Blood: Cryptic Passage". The issue with it is that it has two different profiles, but the folders are the same, and the export option doesn't like it.

I imagine the same issue may arise when exporting any game that has two or more profiles for the same folder, arguably any game with expansions launched through different executables.