D.O.G. First release.

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 47, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

first question: mounted
second: yes, it doesn't have to be in 8.3 format (the directories inside the mounted directory should stick to 8.3 though)
so C:\Dir Dir\8.3\12345678.com is allright if you mount c "c:\Dir Dir"

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 22 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

Could you add the
*.exe view (in the dropmenu) when adding a version of DOSbox.exe ?
as not everybodies DOSBox.exe is called DOSBox.exe (I'm sure you can add multiple filters to the drop down menu.)

Good idea. All my Dosbox Versions stored in the same Directory with names:
dosbox61.exe
dosbox63.exe
dosbox65.exe
dosboxglide.exe
etc..

Reply 24 of 47, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

True, are being fixed. The template error is an oversight of me, just need to render some checks needed for profiles unavailable if a template is edited.

Strange bug in the used component results in a mixed tab. Will investigate.

There are also two bugs in the generator that renders the plugin keyb useless. Returns the real name not the short version of the keyboardlayout. The Y drive currently used as a "Workdrive" is released while it needs to be kept in running because keyb is running.

Will change the generator so that the game gets loaded with the best inserted drive if there isn't a virtual drive available then it gets started with the first available drive and mount it automatically. This will result in a Frontend where it doesn't matter if you add a drive to the profile or not the generator will take care of it.

Thanks for the support,

Erik.

Reply 25 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is no "Edit Drive" Button at the Drives menu !?:

3fz1.png

It's important, i think, if you must edit the path to the Game (it's a little bit pedantically, if you must "Remove Drive" and "Add Harddrive").

Reply 27 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Another one...
If i delete a entry and Edit another one (adding Language information):

aahz4.png

After restart, the Entry is 2x in the List (again).

Another one:
Try to i mport my my D-Fend configs, i post on RapidShare, delete the "!!!" Entry. If you restart DOG, Miglia 1000 is 2x in the Gamelist (sometimes).

Huh.. you can import the D-Fend configs 2x.
Damn.. i have a lot of Games now 😁

bbfa7.png

Screenshot-Manager works nice. I hope, the Screens will be shown under the Frontend (like in D-Fend or rcblanke's DosBox Game Launcher).

PS: Developer is written with one L 😀

If you need a german translation for DOG, just mail me!

And.. please don't misunderstand me and my postings. I do not want to criticize your program (i really like it), i just try to help bugfixing.

Keep up the good work.

Reply 30 of 47, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

Now I've done it, the inifile profile manager is banished to oblivion. The new profile manager accepts every character.

This is the new DOG.

New feature : view screenshots under in the window.

########Attachment removed######## ERIKGG

Erik.

Last edited by ErikGG on 2006-09-02, 23:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 31 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DAMN GOOD WORK, Erik.. (really) 😁 😁
I really like D.O.G. It's nearly perfect (and damn fast.. my D-Fend needs up to 30sec. to startup 😒 ).
Screenshots: Perfect Placed!!!

And... no "important" Bugs found yet! Still searching 😉.

3 Suggestions:
After editing a Entry, he jumps at the top of the gamelist. He should stay on the edited gamename (if possible), so you can start the game after editing (without re-searching the entry), or select the next one in the list to edit (imo).

Movable Colummns would be fine!

And what you think about two or three more buttons left under "All Games" "Favorites"?
Maybe configurable Buttons like "Demos", "CD-ROM Games", "German Only" or "Tools"......
You can give it your own name and put Special Games or programs in it. This would be a nice Feature, i think! 😀

Thank you for this great piece of Software and PLEASE keep up the good work! And thanks for consider my suggestions.

Reply 32 of 47, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Gadler for the chearup 😁 afther the long, long, long, did i say long, dubugging session. Took me all night, spent till 5 at night 🤐 . But the result is wonderfull.

Oh, forgot to tell you, the new beta also supports the importing of templates for D-Fend. Is automatically executed with the importing of profiles.

I'm wondering what D-Fends custom sets do?

I'm currently working on speeding up D.O.G. a little more. Because my opinion is, the more speed the more games that can be played.
And also making the profile manager not change profile if edited.

Wilest browsing the forum I came across a mentioning, i think it was in the post by rcblanke about his frontend, about video's. Does DosBox support video recording?

Erik.

Reply 35 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ErikGG wrote:

Thanks Gadler for the chearup 😁 afther the long, long, long, did i say long, dubugging session. Took me all night, spent till 5 at night 🤐 . But the result is wonderfull.

It really is! Can't wait for next update! 😁

ErikGG wrote:

I'm wondering what D-Fends custom sets do?

From D-Fend manual:
Custom Settings allow you to configure any setting that is supported by DOSBox or DOSBox CVS.
screenshot002md6.jpg
Will be stored in this Directory.

ErikGG wrote:

Oh, forgot to tell you, the new beta also supports the importing of templates for D-Fend. Is automatically executed with the importing of profiles.

And i wonder, where it came from ! 😳 😁

ErikGG wrote:

I'm currently working on speeding up D.O.G. a little more. Because my opinion is, the more speed the more games that can be played.
And also making the profile manager not change profile if edited.

Cool!
A Question: Will my created D.O.G. confs & profs still working with further/upcoming versions?

Reply 36 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm. it seems he have problems to use the CDROM.

Example:
If i mount HD C:\game\start.exe
and mount CDROM as D:\

He tries to start D:\game\start.exe.

If i type D:\
Drive not found... you have to Mount D:!!

AND..
At the Profile Edit, you can only select *.exe and *.bat but you forget *.com! BAD ONE 😁

Reply 37 of 47, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The current D.O.G. uses inifiles to store the profile itself (*.prof), the manager on the other hand stores itself in binairies(*.dat), currently hidden files in the same directory, wrong file attribute settings.

Will my created D.O.G. confs & profs still working with further/upcoming versions?

If not I'll make an import tool for it. But because they are inifiles, that is not a hard thing to make, so yes, they will be.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that when you copy an new version of D.O.G. to the installation directory, then you need to erase the States directory completely, this is because the file format is related to the number and types of components used. If you don't delete the dir then it might result in an Acces Violation and the program will stop loading the profiles. (mm, need to fix that 😅 ) If you do by accident come across this, then just use a hard termination by using the Task Manager of Windows. Or you could just copy the profiles.dat file together with the profiles directory to a safe place and terminate and copy it back.

This is one major problem in the current versions but it will be dealt with.

Will investigate the CDROM problem. The com thingy : DO 😅

Erik.

Reply 38 of 47, by Gadler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ErikGG wrote:

If not I'll make an import tool for it. But because they are inifiles, that is not a hard thing to make, so yes, they will be.

OK 😀

Only one thing left.
ATM you have to write manually the *.conf in the "conf Directory" if you insert a new game.
Is it possible to "automate" it? Maybe, he can get the filename from the given Gamename, and save it as Gamename.conf automatically (like D-Fend do)?

Reply 39 of 47, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

Gadler, can you send me te .prof file of the game in question? Because I can 't get the generator to reproduce the problem you mentioned with the cdrom.

Erik.