VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by crusader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now that was a shock!
When I started the new build, all my autoexec entries were deleted.

I do not use any frontend, instead I have added all my games in the autoexec section, e.g.:

# Crusader: No Regret
# mount C "c:\alte_spiele\regret"
# imgmount H "c:\alte_spiele\regret.iso" -t iso
# c:
# REGRET

For the actual game I want to play, I delete the #. I use this method for a long time now.

But with the CVS Aug. 9. 2006, all game entries were completely deleted. Only the actual game remained.
When I change the builds, I always use the config that comes with the new build. I read the build and make some changes to cycles etc., then I copy all the game entries from the old autoexec section to the new one.
This is the first time that these entries are deleted.

I hope it is a bug and not a feature.

Reply 1 of 4, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, my build automatically refreshes dosbox configuration file (repating autoexec problem will be fixed in the upcoming build). Therefore, the remarks will be removed. The reason why I added it is that some people still use old config file for dosbox.

I can add something like "Save the current settings to config file" into menu instead.

Reply 2 of 4, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

when's your next build coming? as the news on your site say that someone has left for 10 months... does this trip (if it is related to you) not hinder your progress on dosbox?

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 3 of 4, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not a trip. I am sophormore who takes a regular class as one of the MSU international, exchange students. I need time enough to test my build. I have a laptop to compile and upload new builds.

Reply 4 of 4, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

🤣, k its just your news post makes it seem like the builds will stop till your return.... thus you can see why i asked.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website