VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ugly duckling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I read the other posts on CNW. I am really un-computer minded. I managed to download DOSBOX... amazing program. I managed to install the game in my folder "c:\oldgames" and I installed DOSBOX in "c:\dosbox". I am able to get the game to load! And it goes through the world generation process like it used to on my old computer... slooooww. But only like 1 and a half minutes so it is not bad.

My problem is... this Delux edition requires the CD to be in the drive to play every time. I have the CD in the drive, but it says when I launch the game that CD INIT ..... Failed.... Everything else is ....OK.

I can not start the game from the D:\ drive (CDRom drive) because the programs wont run in DOS. That is why I installed it on C drive and all is peachy. Until of course, it wants the CD for some reason.

Is there a way I can have it use the CD for whatever it needs it for? The game opens fine from C:\... and loads the world fine I think... I just need to trick-screw it into realizing I have the CD in the drive too some how.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Very Respectfully,
Mike

Reply 1 of 1, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You should find the necessary instructions for getting DOSBox to work with your CD here:

60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

(moving to DOSBox since this is not a Windows issue)

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions