VOGONS

Common searches

SubJECts

Topic actions

First post, by Ugouser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You gotta integrate the key combination, with which you will be able to switch off the screen. Some times it happens that you need to listen to the music, but it stutters no matter what are the adjustments(and you don't want to record it into a wave file).

Mixing frames. When you ran a 3d game, and there's too much fps, it is not pointless to turn on the motion effect, that will turn the fps to 24 fps.

If the 24-bit mode in the game can't be supported by dosbox, or if it is possible to increase the speed in such a games by converting the image into 256-color mode with 2-pass Floyd Steinberg technology then it is a useful improvement.

Maybe i'm a foul but the speed of the resizing of the movie image is very fast. I can set the resolution of the screen to 1280x1024 and the movie with resolution 640x480 will run with the same speed in full screen as the speed in 640x480 mode. Seems the player do not care does he have to resize it or not. It impresses me because I have a very slow PC. But in DosBox The difference of speed in different size modes is very heavy. it turns me into thoughts.

I wish I could pause the games, that do not want to be paused.

I wish DosBox could create the memory file on the disk, which contain the memory state of himself, that could be loaded back to continue playing the game that do not want to be saved/loaded to continue playing.

Start DosBox with starting trasing the keypresses, so they could be repressed by memory with special option on the next game start, you know.

I wish you tried to make the Game Console Emulators (ZSNES, Nesticle, GENECYST, mekaw065c) work in DosBox it's probably will be aLott'a discoveries on new errors, that are not provided yed.

Reply 1 of 1, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

PLEASE read the readme as for example game pausing is stated there.
Also browse the forum, several things you mention already have their thread.

Besides that feel free to implement Floyd Steinberg or Error Diffusion
dithering for a nice truecolour experience. Or implementing savestates.
Have fun!