VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by padawanmage

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I just found Dosbox and am enjoying playing around with it to play some old DOS games I have. But now, I have some problems I'm hoping someone can help with.

My first problem is why I can capture video within Dosbox on my Mac? I installed the same program on a Windows machine and it captures it fine when I hit CTRL-ALT-F5, but when I try the same on my G5 Mac, nothing happens. What am I missing?

My second question is related to Star Wars: Dark Forces. I can install and setup with no problem, but when I try and play or skip to the next level (LASKIP), it freezes up on my and doesn't move anymore. Is there some patch I need to install?

If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 😎

Reply 2 of 2, by Snejs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

At least on my mac (a powerbook) the Fx-keys are connected to functions like hide-group-ungroup windows, volume up-down-off, brightness up-down-off, keyboardlights on-off.
If I want to press F5 I have to press the button called Fn (downright left corner) + F5.

Or I can change the behaviour in System Settings so it works the other way around.
So I'd say that you should check up your Keyboard settings in Systen Settings. Or use the mapper and change the shortcut as wd said.