VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have lotus agenda 2.0 which is a dos program but is not a game. I only have a pif file for it i have no exe,batch or com files for the file. Is their a way to make a batch file and if so how do i make 1 as i need to make a batch fille of the lotus program as dosbox doesn't support pif files.

Reply 2 of 4, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There are 2 agenda executable files 1 is a pif and 1 is a file that is not a exe,com or batch or pif. I have seen that kind of file before though. It is often given to information files that are not text. I am pretty sure i ran this thing before on an older computer. I don't have dos on my machine.

As i don't really like to give direct links go to wikipedia and search lotus agenda and 1 of the links will bring you to a freeware download of lotus agenda 2.0. Someone else try to get it to run and if someone gets it running tell me what you did as i cannot run this thing with dosbox as it only supports exe,com and batch files. You can also download it at classicgaming.com/ascii Which acording to the site owner only puts freeware orshareware games on the site. They have zork but that was freeware but is now not freeware i guess the site owner does not know about that.

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Pif files are shortcuts to dos programs in Windows there is no way around it.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Oh well you shouldn't download the pif+icon file, but the complete diskset.
And you're quite right, that .ico is no executable...

The program seems official freeware so no problems with links and stuff: