VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BadManiac

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Trying to play Dungeon Hack, and I'm having problems with the keymapper.

Using the arrow keys which are the default controls in the game, everything runs fine. But when I map the controls to WSAD through the DosBox keymapper the controls are slow and unresponsive.
I have to hold W in for a second or two to get a response, and then the game will jump several steps ahead straight away. Turning is also affected, hold the turn key a few seconds, nothing happens, then when it "hits" it spins 180-360 degrees at once instead of just 90 as it should. (Dungeon Master/EoB style game).

So I tried on my other PC, with the same problem. Then I tried a few different games and had the same results. Keymapped controls are slow, unresponsive and VERY annoying. 😒
I've tried deleting the original keymapping from the remapped keys, so they all just have one mapping, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Somewhere in your DOSBox directory, there should be a file named mapper.txt. Delete that and all your mappings are gone.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

shouldn't happen. the keys are mapped to the default keys as well.
Did you remove the orignal binds of the keys as well ? (so that a doesn't produce an a andmore ?)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!