VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pcuser4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed DOSbox for Mandriva 2006. I tried to press ctrl+F8 or F12 key to increase/decrease speed but speed is not increased / decreased. Need HELP! Intro

Thanks!
Jack

Reply 1 of 4, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1.Do you have those keys mapped to something else under Linux? (No idea where to look)
2.There are some keyboards that require a button to be pushed to use the Function keys. Could that be a problem?

Also, Ctrl+F8 doesn't decrease the cycles. It increases the frameskip.
Ctrl-F11 decreases cycles. Ctrl+F7 decreases the frameskip.

Reply 2 of 4, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My OS is opensuse 10.2. I have to press ctrl+Fn+F12 to increase cycles. However, F12 was initially related to the "beagle" demon (a search utility), so I had to "remap" the search utility to F4, thus enabling dosbox to use the F12 key. Maybe this information helps.

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de

Reply 3 of 4, by ninjalj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Which desktop environment are you using? KDE has CTRL-F? and ALT-F? mapped to many things, so most of them are not available to applications. However, they work with mouse grabbed or fullscreen, so you can try that. Alternatively, you can change dosbox's or your DE's mappings.

Reply 4 of 4, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And: Which version of dosbox do you refer to?

I remember having all kinds of problems with dosbox 0.63 keymappings, but these problems disappeared after I had upgraded to dosbox 0.65.

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de