VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by astroboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi im using Dosbox 0.65 and when I capture a picture of "Quest for Glory 4" it is 320 x 200, is there a way to make it 800 x 600 or 640 x 480?

Dose the game run in 320 x 200 or is it dosbox that chooses this reseloution for capture?

Thanks
Shaun

Reply 1 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I believe DOSBox simply captures the picture in whatever resolution the game is in. I have a screen capture of Rail Road Tycoon that is 640x400. In another game they are 320x200.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 14, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Quest for Glory 4 run in 320x200 which is why the screenshots are using that resolution. If you want to change the resolution of the screens, I suggest you use IrFanView or some other image processing application.

Reply 3 of 14, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The best program I have found for resizing DOS game screens is Microsoft Picture Viewer, which used to be bundled with Microsoft Office. Almost perfect for integer scaling.

Reply 4 of 14, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try VSO Image Resizer (freeware)

So Loom01.bmp a 320x200 screenshot
becomes LoomImageresizer01.bmp which is a 800x500 screenshot.

I wonder if the visual enhancement will show here as well as it looks on my screen, but I tell you it looks good to me

Moderator edit: Replaced hideous large BMP files with PNG files.

Attachments

• loom01.PNG
    Filename
    loom01.PNG
    File size
    14.96 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    LoomImageresizer01.PNG
    File size
    494.23 KiB
    Downloads
    217 downloads
    File license

Reply 6 of 14, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I wonder if the visual enhancement will show here as well as it looks on my screen, but I tell you it looks good to me

First of all you'll be killed because of uploading huge .bmps 😉
Please replace them with .pngs

Reply 7 of 14, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
wd wrote:

First of all you'll be killed because of uploading huge .bmps 😉
Please replace them with .pngs

😁

Here you go.

Attachments

• Filename
    LoomImageresizer01.png
    File size
    320.01 KiB
    Downloads
    202 downloads
    File license

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 8 of 14, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

I believe DOSBox simply captures the picture in whatever resolution the game is in. I have a screen capture of Rail Road Tycoon that is 640x400. In another game they are 320x200.

and the output resolution is separate to what the game is running in, right? like it's a filter? so if a game runs @ 320x200 and you have dosbox set to output at 640x400... snapshots will still be taken at 320x200.

correct?

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 10 of 14, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

😁 my point was explaining that what dosbox outputs at isnt what the game is run at... the larger image is like overlayed yet screen captures ignore this overlay and take a pic of the original.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 11 of 14, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Unless you use ALT+PRTSC in Windows or some other screencap program. Then you can capture the scaling. Would be cool if DosBox could do this.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 12 of 14, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The capture in ScummVM is from SDL and uses whatever scaling the game is running with. From the ScummVM Wiki:

"On platforms which use SDL backend (Win32 and *nix included) Alt+S creates a screenshot file called scummvmXXXXX.bmp inside the current directory."

But even though DOSBox uses SDL, this does not work with DOSBox.

Reply 14 of 14, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Neville wrote:

I use ACDSee for this. Actually, any decent image viewer / editior should do the trick.

[connecting flat from hiernamaals internet café 😵 ]

but my fatal point was supposed to be ACDSee or MS Office are no freeware, while Image Resizer is.