Has anybody noticed yet?

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de

Reply 4 of 88, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

Do we need to wait for newer versions of the frontends or they will work fine as they are now?

I don't know about the other frontends out there, but I hope to release DBGL 0.55 really soon which will (at least) add support for joystick wrapping. Everything else is already working in the most recent build.

Since joystick options were moved from the bios section to a new joystick section, I expect these to malfunction in older frontends.

Reply 5 of 88, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, well, well... I've been fiddling arouns with v0.70 and boy, I'm impressed.

Watch this:

nascar000yo7.th.png

Yes, it's "NASCAR Racing" in glorious SVGA. I had to switch off the tarmac textures, but, hey, I also needed to do that in real PCs until I got a P366. VGA mode works like a dream with full detail on.

And this?

c3001lk3.th.png

Oh, yeah, baby. The always enjoyable "Comanche 3" running in 640x480 Vesa 2.0 mode. I reduced the detail to the minimum to gain speed, but it's as playable as the day it was released. VGA mode works great.

On the minus hand, neither "Blood" nor "Indycar Racing II" worked. So what? I can wait. Hell of a release, people. You can be proud.

Tested on an Athlon64 3400+. The DBGL frontend worked fine for me, both with old and with new profiles.

Last edited by Neville on 2007-03-02, 23:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 88, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Its definitely faster. What games can it take now that could not do before? I hope this one is a big improvement on the others. I know about supposed improvements with other software (Microsoft). Keep on going. Hurrah!

Reply 7 of 88, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

D.O.G. 1.53rc1 supports the 0.66 versions but the rc2 that will be released soon will be useable with 0.70. 0.70 is already useable with the current experimental D.O.G. build because it inherently uses the latest version of DOSBox if it detects an unknown version string, and this one is compatible with dosbox 0.70. But with the 1.53rc2 version D.O.G. will also detect and use the 0.70 version of dosbox. D.O.G. 1.53 wil be declared "stable" by next week.

Some easy stats :
Tombraider 1 : runnable with low res on 1GHZ laptop ATI mobility
Railroud Tycoon : runs great unitl you set autocycles, I always do though, but don't run firefox or any other memory hungry program.

Have fun,

Erik.

Last edited by ErikGG on 2007-03-03, 00:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 10 of 88, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Neville wrote:

On the minus hand, neither "Blood" nor "Indycar Racing II" worked. So what? I can wait. Hell of a release, people. You can be proud.

Blood works fine over here. Did you set up the sound card properly?

My a64 3200 can run around Pentium 233 speeds 😁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 13 of 88, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Neville wrote:

What are you talking about? Blood has been tested and shown to work 100% in 0.70. Please visit the games database before concluding a game does not work.

Stangely Indy Car Racing II is not in the database, care to add it anyone?

Reply 14 of 88, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
halkyon wrote:

Very impressive. The new universal build works really well on a MacBook Pro... very nice speeds. 😀

how do i compile a build optimized for my cpu? i've already asked about this but got zero replies... so im at a loss.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 16 of 88, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
XulChris wrote:
Neville wrote:

What are you talking about? Blood has been tested and shown to work 100% in 0.70. Please visit the games database before concluding a game does not work.

I'll add it later - Indy Car R2 works just fine. I have a feeling he's using some custom setting that is screwing with certain games.

Reply 19 of 88, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

red_avatar wrote:

XulChris wrote: […]
Show full quote

XulChris wrote:

Neville wrote:

I'll add it later - Indy Car R2 works just fine. I have a feeling he's using some custom setting that is screwing with certain games.

Hell, I didn't meant to cause such a commotion. If I say a game doesn't work I mean it doesn't work for me, not implying that the DOSBox team is not doing their job. When I have more grounded information I'll gladly contribute to the games compatibility list.

I've done some further testing and got "Blood" to work. XulChris was right about this one, I hadn't configured sound properly. As for "Indycar Racing II", the version I obtained works fine under VDMS, but under DOSBox (directly, no frontend used) I get a black screen while sound plays. Setup works fine, though, and I'm sure I got the config right this time.

On the other hand, I did got "Nascar Racing 2" working by executing DOSBox without a frontend. It crashes using D.B.G.L. v0.54, don't know why yet:

nascar2000ub3.th.png nascar2001tj0.th.png