Common searches

Dosbox 0.70 is out!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 88, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

setllers 2 @ 80,000 cycles 😁 (any higher and the midi starts playing in slowmo and cpu also averages about 45%)
blood @ 120,000 cycles (averages around 45% cpu usage) 😁

what do i need to compile under windows? theres no terminal for typing "sudo sh package" or whatever the syntax is.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 22 of 88, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

when i was reading this topic yesterday, i thought it was a joke first... but iam glad its not.
big thanks to the devs. you have done impressive work! another step closer to v1.0. 😀

one question: are there any special improvements to 0.66rc3 or why the jump in the version number?

sysprofile.png

Reply 24 of 88, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Jump in version # was so there would no be any confusion with previous 0.6 releases.

Alot of users still come here asking for help with their 0.61/0.62/0.63 and a couple of the 0.66rc releases were leaked...

Changing to 0.70 will hopefully eliminate some confusion.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 25 of 88, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gulikoza wrote:

thanks for the link, mmuch more informative then the readme included with dosbox 0.70

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 26 of 88, by amano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

I don't know about the other frontends out there, but I hope to release DBGL 0.55 really soon which will (at least) add support for joystick wrapping. Everything else is already working in the most recent build.

Since joystick options were moved from the bios section to a new joystick section, I expect these to malfunction in older frontends.

Will there be an updated Linux port as well? Your frontend works soo well with Ubuntu 6.10. Kudos for that 😉

Reply 27 of 88, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

so i add an extra path pointing to the location of the sdl.dll file to my autoexec.bat file and reboot the pc?

and at the end i type "make -f PLATFORM=win32 RELEASE=yes CPU=nocona" within the root of the source?

my website

Reply 28 of 88, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
amano wrote:
rcblanke wrote:

I don't know about the other frontends out there, but I hope to release DBGL 0.55 really soon which will (at least) add support for joystick wrapping. Everything else is already working in the most recent build.

Since joystick options were moved from the bios section to a new joystick section, I expect these to malfunction in older frontends.

Will there be an updated Linux port as well? Your frontend works soo well with Ubuntu 6.10. Kudos for that 😉

It's up to each distro to provide the packages. If you can't wait then you can compile the DosBox code yourself. (It's pretty simple).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 31 of 88, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

😜 true but unlike, say, a 0.65 CVS, the 0.66 RC1 was inferior to the final 0.66 (which became 0.70) so it was much more of a danger than a 0.65 CVS over 0.65. I'm glad it became 0.70 because this way there won't be any confusions.

Reply 34 of 88, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
red_avatar wrote:
XulChris wrote:
Neville wrote:

On the minus hand, neither "Blood" nor "Indycar Racing II" worked. So what? I can wait. Hell of a release, people. You can be proud.

What are you talking about? Blood has been tested and shown to work 100% in 0.70. Please visit the games database before concluding a game does not work.

Stangely Indy Car Racing II is not in the database, care to add it anyone?

I'll add it later - Indy Car R2 works just fine. I have a feeling he's using some custom setting that is screwing with certain games.

I downloaded the demo earlier today and whilst the game works fine without the UniVBE extension, I get a black screen with it enabled. Perhaps that's what the op meant ?

Reply 35 of 88, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow. DOSBox is getting better and better. Tried a 1996 demo called "Magic Biniou" by French group eclipse. It now runs with defaults (core=auto , cycles=auto) without hanging. Good work!.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 36 of 88, by Muyfa666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DOSBox is truly an amazing program. It runs most of my games better than I remember them on my native 486 computer.

This v0.70 release seems very stable and improvements in speed are noticeable.

Keep up the good work! Let me play my Sierra classics forever. 😀

Reply 37 of 88, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, well, well, Reckless is right about "Indycar Racing II". It works fine if you uninstall the UniVBE driver from the setup program. Then you get this:

indycar005gn4.th.png indycar008fr3.th.png

Still can't make it work from DBGL, though, it then complains it can't find INDYCAR.EXE. Probably I need to mount the dir in a different way or something, but it works fine from the DOSBox prompt.

Reply 38 of 88, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How did you get indycar 2 to run on dosbox. I keep getting can't find indycar and when i try to use the setup it says can't find config.

I than try to run it without dosbox and i can run indycar and the setup program.

Do i need to mount the game in a certain way. It is thr demo version of the game.

Reply 39 of 88, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

abyss - I answered your question about Indycar Racing 7 weeks ago:

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=72264#72264

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions