http://saga-games.ath.cx/?programm=dosbox

Anybody used it ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 1 of 5, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

we had a little discussion some time ago here.
it seems he has not updated his frontend for a while and i dont know if the problem with different xp-styles are fixed.

its easy to use, but has not many adjustment capabilities (good for beginners i think)...

sysprofile.png

Reply 2 of 5, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tried 1.5 version of it. To check out the competitors, always do though.

Works but isn't 'DFend'-like. I mean it doesn't show a complete list and is a kind of tabbed application. His update function is very interresting. One drawback is that its only available in German as I can remember.

There are also others out there "DOSBox Win Launcher SE" and "FoxyBox". See the D.O.G. homepage under the information section for the complete list.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 3 of 5, by moejoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SysGOD wrote:

it seems he has not updated his frontend for a while and i dont know if the problem with different xp-styles are fixed.

It's true that I am quite busy these days and i am happy that i found this thread by browsing my site statistics so i can give a statement.

as version 0.70 of dosbox was released last week, i have an even greater motivation to continue producing version 1.7 of my gui. the greatest new feature will be the "add folder" dialog so not only the root will be added in this version. different languages are my next goal and i would be happy if there are people who are willing to translate the texts (I'll prepare an english translation, you may fix it and other can translate it into their native language 😀 )

-saga-games

edit:

Qbix wrote:

Anybody used it ?

i am not sure if anyone at these forums uses this program seriously but i have to add that i got much feedback and suggestions during the last months coz my frontend can be found on google and it seems like many people are using it.

Reply 4 of 5, by moejoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if I was able to fix the XP-Style Problem yet (i modified the source code a bit, but did not upload the changes because many other things are not ready yet), but i think that i will not use the xp style in future version. i want to redesign the whole program and i am currently working on an OfficeXP look. 😉

Reply 5 of 5, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

well, nice to see that you go on with your development of dosbox-starter. i wish you good luck with further releases and feel free to post updates in this forum too.
i could give you some feedback but iam also very busy since i got my fulltime job as beta tester for a german game developer...

sysprofile.png