VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by siraulo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

How can one use DOSBox with a limited user account in WinXP Home Edition? Using my account (computer admin), I downloaded, installed, and ran the latest version of DOSBox. However, when I logged-off and logged into a limited user account to test if DOSBox works in a limited account setting, I cannot find the DOSBox folder in the Start>Programs list.

Can I make DOSBox work in a limited user account? I want to retain the limited user account as limited so as to secure the computer from other users (who have a history of wrecking the PC.... 😒 )

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by siraulo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ah ok. Just tried it out, had to dig around (i.e., Start>Run>Browse>Program Files>DOSBox-07>dosbox.exe) and apparently it works....

Stupid me, didn't try it out before posting the query.... 😒

Anyhow, any issues experienced by others when using DOSBox in a limited user account?

Thanks still. 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Depends on where you put the games and .conf file. They need to be in a location that is writeable by the user. IIRC, anything outside of their home directory is Read-Only. So either assign permissions on those directories or just put everything in Home.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline