VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gutmongler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't find anything like this upon searching the forums, but if this has been asked before, I apologize for repeating the question.

Earlier this evening, I was about to install X-COM: Apocalypse (CD-ROM version) with DOSBOX when the install told me I had approx. 110mb of space left, while the game demanded 200mb (maximum install, mind you). I checked, and it did indeed seem that I was running out of disk space. So I uninstalled some games and whatnot, re-entered DOSBOX and ran the install off the disc again. However, the result was the same; the install insisted that I had 110mb of disk space available (by now I had about 10gb on this disk). Upon entering C:\> and typing 'dir', it seemed that DOSBOX did indeed believe I still had a measly 110mb left on the disk.

I've gone over the config, and it didn't say anything about a set amount of disk space or anything, and I've tried restarting the program several times over, reinstalling it and rebooting my computer -- I even ran a Scandisk -- but nothing seems to help; I'm stuck with 110mb disk space available. I've also tried directing C:\> to a folder on a different drive, with the same result.

Is there anything I've missed here? Is DOSBOX supposed to have a limited amount of disk space available to it, or is there really something wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your help!