VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sephiroth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As promised, I have been working on this project and have added CDROM support and adjusted a few games. This has also been tested on XP Pro x64, but not on Vista as I am VERY much against Vista. You configure your emulated CDROM on the options menu. Several bugs have been fixed as well, and I added an icon for the start menu shortcut.

I have discovered something about the CDROM emulation though, which prevents it from working properly with some games. The CDROM emulation does work with Redneck Rampage, but if you attempt to play Blood, it gets to where the game would start running a demo and the CDROM ejects itself, and DOSBox crashes. This is a DOSBox issue and has the same results even if run from a clean DOSBox install. I have not yet had the opportunity to test this with Mechwarrior II.

The new launcher is attached below. If anybody finds a bug or has a suggestion, please let me know. I am always open to ideas and want the thing to be completely bug-free, and I sure can't do it all myself!

Attachments

• Filename
    486 Launcher.zip
    File size
    1.62 MiB
    Downloads
    186 downloads
    File comment
    486 Launcher v1.0.1.13
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

486 Launcher v2.0 is now under development!