VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Anhaedra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All the ones I've used so far have been very glitchy, or just won't work at all.

"Please flee in terror in an orderly manner."

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

DBGL

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Would be very interesting indeed to know if you can get DBGL to work on OSX. I have an old G3 myself and got it working (sort of) after installing Java 1.5, overwriting the SWT libs and a lot of patience (this G3 is really too old). Unfortunately, while it seemed to work, a lot of SWT warnings and errors flew by in the console. I'm not sure if those are true bugs in DBGL, the hack I used to get JVM1.5 installed on my OS10.3 or problems due to the lack of speed of my machine...

The "DOSBox Preferences"-file is not supported (yet) for sure, but you might want to try generating a dosbox.conf inside the DOSBox executable directory and see if DBGL swallows that.

Reply 3 of 5, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anhaedra wrote:

All the ones I've used so far have been very glitchy, or just won't work at all.

Let me introduce "Dapplegrey", a MacOS X frontend I worked on the last 4 - 5 weeks:
http://www.classics-for-x.info/csx/dapplegrey/index.htm

Supporting the most recent DOSBOX versions 0.65 and 0.70, it still missed some features which will be added in the future:
• Games Manager. Currently you've to navigate to your games inside DOSBOX yourself
• Importing existing config files
• Maybe a Terminal layer to see the DOSBOX output ("console")

It doesn't include a DOSBOX binary version, but you can set Dapplegrey to use both the officlal MacOS X port ("DOSBOX.app") as well as an extracted DOSBOX binary w/o. the application layer.

Created with REALbasic 2007r1, it should run on a G3 with MacOS 10.2.8, too.

Sent a msg to the DOSBOX team about this new frontend.

Attachments

• dg-screen.gif
    Filename
    dg-screen.gif
    File size
    32.11 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Updating the display settings:
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 5, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
abyss wrote:

Can dosbox run on a OS 7x or does it only run on OS 9X and later.

MacOS X only (version 0.70 = G4/MacOS X 10.4)

Klimawandel.