VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pierce Inverarity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear Vogons, a plea for help.

I installed DOSBox using the tutorial at abandonia.com, which involved adding two lines to the autoexec:

http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=setting&FAQ=1

When I try to start up DOSBox, two windows open: the DOSBox, and a DOSBox Status Window.

The Status Window says:

"Loading primary settings from config file C:/Program Files etc.
MIDI: Opened device: win32"

DOSBox itself is set to the "Z" drive and doesn't recognize the presence of a "C" drive (even though in the tutorial I created one for it). I'm assuming that's because when loading the config it gets stuck at the MIDI line.

Info on my computer:

PC, Windows XP, Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM

I guess this is about some sound device issue thing? Let me know if you need more info, bearing in mind my computer knowledge is not so great...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply 1 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When you mount folders as hard drives for DOSBox, they have to to be real folders on your computer. Do you actually have a real C:\DOS\CDrive? In other words does your real C: drive have a "DOS" folder and is there a "CDrive" folder in that folder?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 2, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pierce Inverarity wrote:

DOSBox itself is set to the "Z" drive and doesn't recognize the presence of a "C" drive (even though in the tutorial I created one for it). I'm assuming that's because when loading the config it gets stuck at the MIDI line.

Customize the "mount c ..." line in the autoexec section to the "C drive" folder you created for it. 😉

Klimawandel.