VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DrFred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Friends,

Has anyone been able to print from DOSBox on a Mac? I understand that these forums are (primarily) for gamers, but there are a few of us grateful souls who are attempting to use the emulator for running old DOS programs. My own desire is to be able to use the 1980's word processor XyWrite on my Mac Mini duo-core, and I have been able to, up to a point. I can not print documents at this time. In DOSBox 7.0 for the Mac distribution, there is a sample configuration file (IntelDOSBox Preferences) included that contains the header [printer], with commented-out directive definitions. No matter how I've tweaked this, I get no response to my printer. I'm sure there's something I'm not getting about the setup; can anyone help?

Thank you,

DrFred

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You'll want to post this in the DOSBox section. This forum is about emulating Macs, not running DOSBox on Macs.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

*** Moved ***

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DrFred wrote:

In DOSBox 7.0 for the Mac distribution, there is a sample configuration file (IntelDOSBox Preferences) included that contains the header [printer], with commented-out directive definitions.

I think, the *official* version 0.7 doesn't support printer yet.
Maybe in some unofficial cvs builds, but is there one for Mac users?

Klimawandel.