VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by evaarties

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I play Lemmings 3 (Chronicles / All new world of) with DOSBox and noticed the levels are missing a line of pixels just above the buttonbar.

I attached to screenshots, one showing the first classic level the way it should be and the other showing the way I see it.

Can someone confirm for me that this error is in DOSBox?

I hope to see this fixed so I can continue my site: http://home.wanado.nl/lemmings-solution

It depends on the correct view of the levels.

NB The height of a level should be 160 pixels on a normal scale. This is without the buttons.

Also, these are my specs: Ubuntu 7.04 running DOSBox 0.70. The wrong screenshot was made using 0.65 but both versions have the error.

Attachments

• lemmings3-good.png
    Filename
    lemmings3-good.png
    File size
    22.74 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    This is the way the level's suposed to show.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • lemmings3-wrong.png
    Filename
    lemmings3-wrong.png
    File size
    59.9 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Look closely and you'll notice the missing line above the buttons. The gray squares miss there ridged edge.
    File license

Reply 1 of 11, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It could be because you might have set a scaler. Set it to 'none' if it is set to 'scale2x'.

And set Aspect ratio to 'true'.

Also set the Windowresolution and Fullresolution to 'original'.

Don't know anything else that might fix this for the moment.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 2 of 11, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Where is that screenshot you attributed with "good" from?
As it has 201 pixels vertically, whereas the game sets the 320x200
mode and doesn't change it.

It looks a bit odd that a pixel row would be missing somewhere in the
middle of screen and not at the top/bottom (where the screenshots
are the same).

Reply 3 of 11, by evaarties

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ErikGG
I tried the game with those settingsadjustments you mentioned, the line keeps missing.

@wd:

I don't know where I got that screenshot from anymore but I searched again and found this url: http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/lemmings3.php notice the screenshot ( http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/img/screensh … s/lemmings3.png ), it's 640x402 so it's probably made with DOSBox. The pixelline is in the screenshot.

Reply 6 of 11, by evaarties

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I played both versions, the amiga version has the correct lines but the buttons are scrambled using UAE emulator.

For my site http://home.wanadoo.nl/lemmings-solution I already played Lemmings 3 using DOSBox a few years ago under Windows XP. I don't remember which version of DOSBox I used, but the missing line was shown that time, see the attachment.

NB The screenshot is missing the buttons since I don't use them on my site.

PS Tomorrow I wil run Lemmings 3 again under Windows XP using DOSBox 0.70. If the line is missing, I will try the game with older versions to find out which one did show the line. If 0.70 is showing the line, maybe the linux version is a bit broken.

Attachments

• 01.gif
    Filename
    01.gif
    File size
    20.38 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Screenshot made with windows version of DOSBox.
    File license
Last edited by evaarties on 2007-05-20, 21:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 10 of 11, by evaarties

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No problem 😀.

Ok finished testing, here are my findings:

0.70 missing pixel line
0.65 missing pixel line
0.63 missing pixel line
0.62 missing pixel line
0.61 missing pixel line
0.60 screen is corrupted
0.58 doesn't run

Well, I can only conclude that there must be more versions of Lemmings 3 for DOS out there since I know for sure I didn't make my screenshot with UAE (I also use the time button, the red circle, and that one is scrambled with UAE).

NB Maybe some of you noticed the screenshots in my first post also differ with the time button, the wrong screenshot shows the time button as it's sticking out, the good screenshot shows it like it's pressed (which you cannot do yourself). Perhaps that's the difference in version I need to look for.

Reply 11 of 11, by evaarties

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I might be wrong about the dos version, just tried the latest WinUAE (1.4.2a) and it shows the game without scrambled buttons. Perhaps the linux version of UAE isn't as far as WinUAE and the DOS version probably is different.