VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by archer27

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
First of all i'd like to extend my gratitude to everyone involved in the creation and support of dosbox.
I tried to solve this problem by viewing the guides but i was unable to do so, some games such as redneck rampage and leisure suit larry 1 VGA display in a letter box format when i run them. I've tried adjusting my refresh rate without going over my tv's specifications (panasonic tx-32LX500A) but the games wont display at all when i hit alt enter.
I've noticed in my manual that lower resolutions aren't stated at all, below 640x400 (yet blood and duke 3d run full screen) redneck rampage supports hi-res yet will only run in 16:9 type letter box. I tried to install sdl but once i unzipped the folder i saw no setup or install program.
Is it just the limitations of my tv or am i ridiculously green?

Thank you for reading.

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Eh... What is your problem exactly?

Something in here might help??

640x480 image scaling in DOSBox 0.70
About DOSBOX and native MSDOS resolutions...

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by archer27

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Arghhhh! now i can even get a full screen letterbox display, when trying to go from window to full display i get no picture at all after using "refresh force". I'm happy with 16:9 type displays on certain games how do i go back to the way it was before? Help me please this is driving me nuts. I just want things to be the way they were before i started messing about with refresh rates (have gone back to my winxp default of 60hz). I've tried deleting and reinstalling dosbox but now games that ran in a full screen 16:9 type display wont show at all when i use alt enter to "full screen" the game. How can i get back to where i was before?

EDIT i've also lost sound while playing blood fullscreen, how can i start over from scratch?

(win xp sp2)