VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SexyElf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a batch file to start up doxbox, mount the drive and cdrom, and then execute a game on the mounted directory?

Thanks for the help,
SexyElf

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello, SexyElf. WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Of course you can. You can use the [autoexec] section at the end of dosbox.conf (configuration file) to autoexecute some commands as well.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 5, by SexyElf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Thank you, that is perfect 😀

I was also wondering in the config file about changing the cycles? When I do it in the game via the keycombo, it is done via %. Can I edit the config file to also be based on %?
Ie. cycles=40%?

Thank you!

Reply 3 of 5, by cmw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No you can't.

There is no 100% for cycles, you can turn up to infinity (well I guess, there is some cap, but since everything is really going to it's knees when cycles are set too hight, it's senseless to try out^^) .

You can change the value that keystroke cycles up/down does from % to actual values though (500 is quite a convenient setting, at least for me).

You could also try to use cycles=auto. DosBox will then adjust the cycles to what is needed, at least if possible and not bugged up. 😉

Reply 4 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can also simply use Windows shortcuts to DOSBox and just put any parameters after the path to dosbox.exe, especially the path to the dosbox.conf file to use. This will allow you to use unique configs for each game. As eL_PuSHeR said, a number of other commands can then be added to the [autoexec] section of the dosbox.conf used for such tasks as mounting drives.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers