VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Ludomeister

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got a really strange problem that I hope someone can kindly shed some light on. It's not a game-stopper, but is annoying in the extreme. Here's the problem:

I've taken the resource.aud file (all 491 megs of it) and copied it from my Quest for Glory 4 CD to the install I have in dbgl055se. I also modified the resource.cfg file so that all the AUD lines point to the dbgl install, and not drive D. And it works too, I can play the game and get the audio and the music without having the CD in the drive. Oh yes, I also patched the game with NewRisingSun's Quest for Glory 4 (CD version only) special script code patch.

Here's the catch: the game runs fine with audio and music if I load the game by calling up DosBox 0.70 and simply CD'ing to the directory it's located in (C:\dbgl055se\GAMES\SIERRA\QGANTH\QG4CD) and then exectuing SIERRA.EXE. But if I load the game via DBGL (either by using the console or by using a shortcut that points to the the game's profile in DBGL) I only get the music ... no audio.

I have lots of other profiles in DBGL, and all work just fine launching from DBGL: audio and music. Only this particular Sierra game gives me problems (though, as I said, not insurmountable ones)

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ludo

Reply 1 of 1, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

different mount point probably (and you entry in the resource file might point to a directory ?)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!