VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've tried all the the CVS builds of DOSBox, and i'm currently using the AEP CVS build. It runs very good, but i've notices some strange behaviour with the ddraw output. When DOSBox is running in a window, i get a "Failed to create ddraw surface, back to normal surface." message, and the window will not stretch to 800x600 (the value i have set in dosbox.conf). Fullscreen mode works ok, without an error message, and the image is stretched to the values in dosbox.conf. Previously, i was using output=overlay, and didn't get such a warning, but that output mode is much slower than ddraw.

Could that be a bug? I'm on XP SP2, with a Radeon 9600 Pro (Catalyst 8.351-070302a1-045035C-ATI).

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Point of interest, which SDL.dll are you using? I'd recommend the SDL.dll that "shipped" with 0.7 since that one has been patched for ddraw support AFAIK

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 2, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was using the one that came with the respective AEP builds. I just have switched to the one from the original 0.70 relase, and voilá - no more error messages, and stretching works in windowed mode now. Will do some testing later, to see if it really work allright. Thanks for the advice!