VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by LordYoh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't exactly find what I was looking for under the search, so here's to hoping you guys can help me out.

I found a full install image of the game in torrent land which i promptly downloaded. I installed the game, but was however, unable to configure the sound, and thus installed it with no sound settings set.

I downloaded DOSBOX and patched both it and SWARS with a couple of files I found on http://syndicate.lubie.org/swars/html/swars_run_newpc.php

Running SWars on its own in WinXP is not possible as the game runs like its on Crack.

Running it in DOSBOX works well, because the frame rate is much more manageable and for that matter human.

My questions are, how can I effectively set up the sound so I can hear the great music again?

And, how do I resize the DOSBOX window to play the in a large window?

I appreciate the time you take to read my post, and hopefully help me =D

Reply 1 of 1, by elfuego

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can enter full-screen mode by pressing alt+enter. If that doesn't work, you can edit the dosbox.conf file:
Press start->programs->dosbox->DOSBox.conf
find the line:
fullscreen=false and change to true:
fullscreen=true

As for the sound question... Well, you should check the dosbox.conf file again and see the sound settings - and use that settings in Syndicate setup. It should work. 😎